April 2012 Moms
Options

*KFCupcake--baking question

I'm baking the cake for DS's birthday party tomorrow today and I'm planning on frosting it tomorrow morning.  Should I wait to make the frosting until tomorrow right before I need it?  Or can I make it today if I have time and just put it in the fridge?  (If I do that, I'll need to let it sit out for a little while before I use it, right?)  I'm just going to make a simple white buttercream so that I can color some of it for writing/decorations.

Thanks for your help! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *KFCupcake--baking question

• Options
    Happy birthday to Jacob!!!!!
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options
    Personally I prefer to whip up the icing right before I frost the cake becuase the consistency seems to work better with frosting.  You can do it before and put it in the fridge, but I personally prefer it right fresh and ready!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageaggieamber05:
    Personally I prefer to whip up the icing right before I frost the cake becuase the consistency seems to work better with frosting.  You can do it before and put it in the fridge, but I personally prefer it right fresh and ready!

I'll second this. I tried to make some ahead of time a few weeks ago and just whip it again right before I frosted, and the consistency just wasn't quite right. I'd just throw it together tomorrow morning. Enjoy your DS's party!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If you have the time, make it when you need it.  But of course you can make it ahead of time, but you just need to let it come to temp and then quickly whip it. 

Mind if I ask what's in your buttercream?  I love hearing how people make it!  

(If you need a good recipe, I have a killer one...)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"