Pregnant after IF
Options

Favorite Pregnancy "Referance" Books???

A couple of moths before we started TTC (over 3 years ago) I bought a book called "Before Your Pregnancy: A 90 Day Guide for Couples on How to Prepare for a Healthy Conception".  Not that it did any good!  LOL!  I also bought " The mother of all pregnancy books".  It had a few chapers on "before conception", etc. 

Anywho . . . now that I'm actually pregnant I need to read up on everything!!!  I'll obviously re-read "The mother of all pregnancy books".  I'll just have to dust it off first!  But I was considering a few other good referance books.  I'm looking at the "What to expect when your expecting", which I think everyone reads, however I've read some bad reviews on it on Amazon.  I'm also looking at the "Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy", which has amazing reviews on Amazon. 

Just curious if anyone has any favorites?

Also curious if anyone has a favorite pregnancy journal or organizer?

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Favorite Pregnancy "Referance" Books???

• Options
    Love the Mayo Clinic book....hate WTE. Lol!  Another book we are really enjoying is Pregnancy Day by Day....it has a page per each day of pregnancy with photos, info, etc. we look at it first thing each morning. 
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • Options
    I like Your Pregnancy Week By Week.  Also Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy is a great one to make you laugh about all of the crazy things that happen during your pregnancy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Mayo Clinic book is good -- simple, to the point, no frills.  I do not like What to Expect at all.  We also got a book called The Birth Partner -- I got it for DH to read because I'm planning to do a natural med-free birth, but it turns out I found it really helpful/informative too.  Even if I wasn't going to do a natural birth, it would be helpful in understanding the different stages of labor and different techniques for relieving pain.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

i didnt mind WTE....i hated the tone of it though.  it really bugged me. 

i also did Your Preg, Week by Week.  that one was a little more to the point.  i liked that one. 

i also bought Girfriend's guide to Pregnancy which i thought was dumb and a waste of $$. 

those were with my first pregnancy.  for this pregnancy,a couple days ago, i bought the Luke's book about twins/triplets/quads and dont think the majority of it was helpful at all for someone in my situation (pg with twins + toddler at home).  im not in line with the weight guidelines for several reasons and there was one tiny paragraph practically about suggestions on how to care for your existing children, (which made the exisiting child sound more like a dog).  however, i thought that the NICU/birthing sections was very helpful. 

• Options
    I bought Great Expectations - Guide to pregnancy & childbirth over WTE. I also rented the Mayo Clinic Pregnancy book from the library.
    Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"