April 2011 Moms

Is LO STTN?

My LO still gets up twice a night. He has never slept through the night. Just wondering how many LO's are still getting up to eat, or if your LO is what are some tips to get him to STTN.

Re: Is LO STTN?

• Heck no. She never has. She (currently) wakes up about twice a night to eat, though she's teething now and isn't sleeping as well. I read the No Cry Sleep Solution, which helped us to figure out why she wasn't sleeping well (and was waking every 2 hours all night). We did *not* follow the plan in the book though.
    Old nestie, new name: formerly ckolak:-)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Mama's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird
  • My DD has slept through the night a couple of times and then she started teething and it hasn't happened since.  She now wakes up at least twice a night due to gas and or teething.  I nurse her at least once, she seems hungry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Fairly consistently since 3.5 months, maybe once a week she wakes up fussing, but I give her a binky and pat her back and she's back out till morning. We are BLESSED I know, and I'm scared to have another baby for fear of having a not so great sleeper. ;)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• LO has been STTN since about 4 months. She might wake up a few times and fuss but goes right back to sleep. We are very lucky.. bed around 7:30p wakes around 6:45a. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Chase slept through the night from 2 months until 6 months and has been waking up 2 or 3 times a night since then.  I recently read The No Cry Sleep Solution and am working through it.  He's still up for 2 or 3 times a night, but for shorter periods of time.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Brody just started sleeping through the night, or waking up once a night. We were given an article by our pediatrician about sleep training. Our problem was he was a "trained night feeder." He would wake up and want to nurse not because he was hungry, but because that's the way he had trained himself to go to sleep. We have done a "cry it out with them" approach. Where we don't leave him in his bed to cry it out, but rather pick him up and rock until he calms back down. If he wakes up once at night about six hours after his last feeding I do nurse him for shorter periods each time to wean that feeding off. It was really hard at first, but it has helped so much to finally get some more sleep! Hope that's helpful! 
  • We've been VERY fortunate. DS has only ever woken up twice in the middle of the night. Before 6 weeks, I would wake him every 3-4 hours to eat and since then he's STTN. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2 nights in a row she has slept for over 9 hours.  Please baby keep it up.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageGHBEA:
    2 nights in a row she has slept for over 9 hours.  Please baby keep it up.

I so relate to this plea!  

• DS still gets up once a night (he used to STTN from 2-4 months).

Generally he will just eat and be back asleep within 5 minutes.  

• Chloe started sleeping 8 hour stretches just before she turned 3 months, 10 hours by 4 months and 11 by 5 months.  Up until two days ago she was sleeping 12 hours (sometimes a little more!) but now teething has ruined everything!  Tuesday night she was up at 1 and again at 6 (she wakes up at 8), last night she was up from 2 till 2:30...crossing our fingers that tonight the dang teeth pop thru and she'll sleep again.

No making cure for making her STTN, she did it on her own, she has been in her room since she was about 3 weeks old.  We would wake up every time she moved and she was waking up when we moved.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• NOT MINE! :******( SO TIRED. MAJOR REASON I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE FOR A WHILE. 

NO ONE IN MY HOUSEHOLD WILL FOLLOW MY PLAN FOR A CONSISTENT SCHEDULE AND MY ATTEMPT TO HAVE HIM CRY IT OUT. BUT I'M THE ONE WHO WAKES UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO SOOTHE/FEED/ROCK HIM BACK TO SLEEP.

• V is not.  She takes her "disco nap" around 7-730, then goes down for the night around 1030.  We currently bed share with her and she wakes up 2-3 times at night to nurse.  I have to wake her up to go to the nanny around 645, but she usually falls back asleep in the car on the way there.

We are going to try to transition her to her own bed, hoping that will help her sleep for longer stretches.

Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • Hell no... unless we are talking about the 5 hour "technically sleeping through the night". LO goes down around 6:30pm in her crib, wakes at 10 or 11 and again around 2am - I pull her into bed around 4am because she wakes up hourly at that point. I usually nurse 3-4 times a night to get her back to sleep quickly but tried last night to hold off and only nursed twice until 6am. Hard to believe that's actually progress but my engorged boobs said it was less nursing than normal!!

I'm working on a little bit of sleep training but think that STTN is a developmental milestone and we'll get there eventually. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh god no. I'm so jealous when I read all these posts. Linus did for a month or so maybe, but the past few months have been HELL! Last night he just woke up with a blood-piercing cry, I'd roll over and stick his paci in and he'd fall back asleep. Sometimes he'll want to eat, but for the most part he just wakes up crying, and I'm talking like once an hour ALL.NIGHT.LONG. At first I thought it was teething, but his bottom 2 came in and he kept doing it. Now his entire top gums are swollen and I'm waiting for teeth to pop through (and I know he's miserable) but he can't go on like this forever! I'm going to literally be a walking zombie once DD gets here if this keeps up. I haven't even been able to get him in his nursery because he's waking up so much.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • *MOST* of the time, she sleeps from 7 p.m. until 5:30 a.m., and she has since she was about 10 weeks old. Randomly (once, twice a month), she'll wake up one other time in the middle of the night (2, 3, 4 a.m.?) and most times, I need to feed her before she will go back to sleep.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• The twins have been sleeping through the night since they were 2.5 months old. I know that we are extremely lucky. We swaddled both of them until they started rolling over overnight and they've always gotten their one supplemented bottle of formula right before bed. They will wake up every once in a while and we'll either give them their paci or rock them back to sleep, but that is usually right around the time of a growth spurt or a new milestone.

Good luck! I hope you all get sleep soon. 

Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • imageSouthSideDrea:
    Hen goes to bed around 7, gets up around 10 and 2 and then up around 6 for the day. He empties both breasts when he eats at night, so I'm not actively working on cutting any of those wakings right now.

This is us too!

• Beaker has been sleeping through the night consistently since about 6 weeks. Kermie didn't drop his overnight feeding until around 9 months, and Fozzie did it somewhere around 6 months I think. 
    imageimageimage
  • 3 or 4 times to eat... im dead
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"