Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Anyone's LO had Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease?

So I thought DS was just teething really bad.  But after he still refused to eat breakfast this morning (making it 2+ days since he's really eaten anything) I called the doctor.  They said I could bring him in to make sure it's not something else.  So I bring him in and tell her that DC did have hand, foot, and mouth disease, but it wasn't in his room.  She looked in his mouth and he has a bunch of little red sores in the back and one on his tongue.  We did try to look for this, but he won't hardly open his mouth so we couldn't see way in the back.  He doesn't have a rash or blisters on his hands or feet.  Any experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated.  I bought him some pediasure and yo-baby drinks so hopefully he will get something in his stomach
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone's LO had Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease?

• Options

DD has had it a few times.  The first time (around a year old) she was very sick.  high fever and just laying for 4 days.  it was awful  i never actually saw the sores b/c she is crazy about anyone looking in her mouth.  she never got it on her hands or feet.

as you know it is a virus, so no meds.  just tylenol/motrin and lots of fluids...also, nothing acidic

hope your little feels better soon

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My older son had it this summer. I took him in for a physical, and the doctor suspected he had it (he had a red spot on this hand, and had a really high fever at the office). Anyhoo, he didn't really slow down his eating *that* much, and I think he was only tired and grouchy for about a day. But he had some nasty blisters on his hands and feet, and it took 4+ weeks for them to really go away.

He got a rash on his face after that, and it took months for it to clear up. We checked that out with the doctor, and he said sometimes viruses just cause facial rashes for awhile, so just be aware that might happen, too.

Hope he feels better fast! It doesn't seem like a fun illness at. all.

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD had a mild case of it, but luckily never had very many in her mouth.  Stick with soft foods like mashed banana, creamed potatoes, yogurt and applesauce until the sores have time to heal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD had it two weeks before she left her old daycare. She had a milk case but it was a PITA. Sorry your LO has it.

• Options

DD had it.  Other than being cranky (we thought it was her teeth 'till we looked in her mouth to see them) she didn't really have any issues with it.  She had the mouth sores first then by the next day they had erupted on her hands and feet.  She had a bunch of bumps.  The ones on her hands and feet were kinda hard like warts but weren't warts of course.  Here's a pic of her mouth sores.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"