Parenting

Help - Amazon Prime - auto-renewal?

I've had the Amazon Mom acct, that came with Prime.....my extended time  expires 12/18.  Will it auto-renew, charging a  CC that I have on the acct?  I've tried about 34 different things, and read that I can cancel the auto-renew by going to "Managing Prime Subscription," but when I go there, there is no way to cancel. 

Am I missing something?   

Re: Help - Amazon Prime - auto-renewal?

• the only thing I found is the button saying "do not auto renew" which I guess is the same as cancel.  But mine hasn't happened yet for me to know for sure it really works.

I had a different trial before, and I definitely remember a "cancel" option so I'm a little concerned too.  That being said, I *think* as long as you don't take advantage of the 2 day shipping after auto renewal (if it happens by mistake), you would still be able to cancel and have the amount refunded. 

• I just went to mine and in the top membership info box, there is a tan colored box that says "Do Not Upgrade". Click there and it will give you the option to turn off auto upgrade.

• Loading the player...
  • When I log into amazon.com/mom on the left there is "my account" when I click on that it shows my kids and my prefrences. At the bottom it says cancel membership.
  • imageali2005jason:

I just went to mine and in the top membership info box, there is a tan colored box that says "Do Not Upgrade". Click there and it will give you the option to turn off auto upgrade.

There is nothing in mine - it's a blue box....shows the dates, and then on the right, some stuff about the '1-click' ordering.  

No "do not upgrade" button.

Mrs. Stubbs - I don't want to cancel the Amazon mom (still want to use the 15% discounts  if needed)...just the prime shipping - I don't want to pay for it.

• Was it the free trial + earn an extra month when you buy so much in baby stuff? When I had that, it canceled all by it's self. It did not auto renew.
  • imageMrsStubbs:
    Was it the free trial + earn an extra month when you buy so much in baby stuff? When I had that, it canceled all by it's self. It did not auto renew.

Yes!  I'm hoping it won't renew, but I also don't want an $80 charge that I'm not expecting/don't realize for a couple weeks.

Maybe I'll just email them and verify. 

thanks ladies 

• Go to the help button and call them, or I should say they'll call you, I had to do the same thing with mine, I do miss the 2 day shipping though.
  • After mine it expired, the prime shipping just went away, I didn't have to do anything.  When I went to shop, prime was just no longer an option.  So I signed my DH up for amazon mom;-)
  • Mine expired a couple months ago and they emailed a couple times as the date approached to warn me my prime benefits would be going away.  It did not automatically renew and I didn't go into my account and do anything.  

A couple years ago I signed up for a one-month Prime trial and they did automatically charge my card for an annual subscription. I emailed them and they refunded the whole thing since I hadn't ordered anything and used the benefits. 

• imageMrsStubbs:
    Was it the free trial + earn an extra month when you buy so much in baby stuff? When I had that, it canceled all by it's self. It did not auto renew.

This.

When I signed up this time, I read it will not autorenew.  Of course, I can't find where I read that now, but it was there.  Last year, I called and asked and had them email me that info so I had it in file.

DS1 10-06 and DS2 9-08 and baby #3 EDD 9-05-12
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"