January 2012 Moms
Options

UO Thursday anyone?

Go for it ladies!

After TTC with IR PCOS:
April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: UO Thursday anyone?

• Options
    I don't mind laboring at home until I'm practically pushing before going to the hospital.  In fact, I almost prefer it.  The hospital would have no choice but to deliver the baby naturally without pressuring me into getting medication, and unless it physically can't be done, they can't pressure me into a C-section due to time limits.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

While I find "push present" to be an absolutely revolting term, I am getting one and don't understand the uproar over the whole idea of a husband/SO getting the mother something nice to commemorate the occasion of a baby's birth.

My UO is that I always wonder if the women who are all up in arms in the Bump about them are the same women who don't get flowers, cards, or gifts for stuff like Valentine's Day or anniversaries and are secretly jealous and try to denegrate those who do get something.

After TTC with IR PCOS:
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate when my "friends" invite me to purse parties, Mary k,  lingerie parties, tupperware parties and most recently this cooking club thing. I always feel pressured and end up buying something that is far too overpriced That never gets used! I need to learn to say know but these "friends are great at guilt tripping me into them. grrr.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagenamara5532:
    I don't mind laboring at home until I'm practically pushing before going to the hospital.  In fact, I almost prefer it.  The hospital would have no choice but to deliver the baby naturally without pressuring me into getting medication, and unless it physically can't be done, they can't pressure me into a C-section due to time limits.

I feel the same way and opted for midwife instead of OB so that I could stay home as long as I want! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Im glad that it is finally starting to feel like winter around here. 60s in December in NYC is nice, but just felt wrong. Super lame, but Im glad Im finally about to wear the maternity sweaters I bought back in October! I would have been PO'ed if I wasted all that moolah.

Talk to me again about how I wanted it to get cold when its -5 here next month... 

• Options
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

Im glad that it is finally starting to feel like winter around here. 60s in December in NYC is nice, but just felt wrong. Super lame, but Im glad Im finally about to wear the maternity sweaters I bought back in October! I would have been PO'ed if I wasted all that moolah.

Talk to me again about how I wanted it to get cold when its -5 here next month... 

Same here in NJ. It just wasn't feeling like Christmas time with 60 degree weather, although it was nice. Plus, I was so looking forward to a December full of snow days like we've had the past two years since I won't be finishing out the school year to make them up, but so far nothing... 

DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

• Options
    imageJessiree:

While I find "push present" to be an absolutely revolting term, I am getting one and don't understand the uproar over the whole idea of a husband/SO getting the mother something nice to commemorate the occasion of a baby's birth.

My UO is that I always wonder if the women who are all up in arms in the Bump about them are the same women who don't get flowers, cards, or gifts for stuff like Valentine's Day or anniversaries and are secretly jealous and try to denegrate those who do get something.

FWIW, I am "against" push presents in general, because I am cheap. DH would buy me presents every day of the week if I wouldn't yell at him about spending the money. He is the type to go overboard (in fact I am pretty sure he more than doubled our general spending guidelines for Christmas), so it's not that. To me it's tacky if the mother asks for or demands one. And yes, I've seen both. I don't begrudge women that get them in the least! In fact, I like the idea of getting something to commemorate the birth and that time in our life, but I am not sure I'd call it a push present. And I might even buy it myself :)

My UO: I get tired of reading all the posts about people being told by strangers they are carrying twins or not gonna make it to their EDD because they are "so big". It stings a little, I guess, since I wish I had a bigger bump that was distinctly a pregnancy bump. I actually had two people today discover I was knocked up. ::sigh:: 

DD 1.18.2012
  • Options

I'm not heartbroken that my baby has to go to daycare.  I might only get 6 weeks of ML (just started my job, so I'm not covered under FMLA), and I know I'll be sad to not be with him all the time. But on the other hand, I'm such a creature of habit & routine, that I'm sure going back to the normal 7:30-4 work day will give me the structure I crave. 

In an ideal world, I would stay home and watch both kids (our baby and my SO's son). But it would destroy and chances of me having a successful career. I just graduated with my bachelor's, and only getting 6 mo of experience before leaving the workforce for a few years would make it so impossible to find something decent when I would decide to go back, and make it so I'd probably have to get a masters to even think about being competitive. Basically, I know that working and getting my career well established is the best for our kids, and I'll do what I gotta do!!

Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Options
    oh yeah one of my biggest pet peeves, people who wear pajamas in public! I don'y care how old or young you are it is not flattering, it is not a style, it is just lay z. I admit I wear pj's at home a lot lately but if I have to leave my house for any reason even to take kids to school, I put pants and a shirt on. when i get back home if I feel like it i will put pj's back on until I have to leave again.
  • Options
    imageJessiree:

I don't like push presents.  As another poster said it is one thing if your DH, of his own volition, goes and gets you a gift, but to demand or ask for one is ridiculous and spoiled IMO.  And to answer your questions my DH always remembers our anniversary.  We don't do Valentines Day because we both think it is a lame excuse for spending money.  He buys me cards and flowers for random occasions and while we never do big presents he is far more thoughtful and giving with small gestures on a daily basis that he doesn't need to buy me a piece of expensive jewelry to make me feel loved or special.  It is just the way we roll.  I am not bitter because I don't get big gifts.  I prefer it that way.

My little goofball born 1/2012
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't get placental encapsulation, nor do I really want to. 

I can't stand Dr. Oz.  He really burns my biscuits.  (It could be nothing but you will  die!!!!!!!!)

I've never seen Twilight.  I'm not going to.  Ever.  So stop inviting me to Twilight themed parties, movie nights, dress up events, Robert Pattinson worshipping sessions etc.

Yes, I really am against pacifiers for my child.  Please don't buy them for me thinking I'm going to change my mind.  Although the local women's shelter much appreciated the donation I made to them.

Ok.  I'm done.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It's crazy how my one little question about push gifts started a uproar.

Just because my family and husband want to buy me something special for going through nine months of pregnancy and delivery does not make me spoiled or superficial. I understand my baby is my gift, but honestly I see nothing wrong with my husband or family wanting to give me a little something special to celebrate this special occasion. If you think that is spoiled or stupid then fine, but I will enjoy my baby and my gifts.

Also I did not ask for a push gift I was asked what I wanted for my push gift. In my family we ask what the other person wants for a gift. We hate trying to figure out what the other person wants and then getting them something they don't like.

I feel you are hypocritical if you receive gifts for Valentine's Day, but seem to see a push gift as something stupid. They are both made up things.

• Options

I hate the idea of being referred to as "Mom" :( I feel wicked bad about it. I LOVE that I'm having a baby and can't wait to actually be his mom...I just hate the way it sounds as a name.

I also hate when people comment about my pregnancy. Even if it's not something rude it annoys me. No idea why...I think it might be because I'm not a chatter or small talker and it always seems so forced when they bring it up, like I'll be offended if they didn't mention it when in reality I'd kinda rather not talk to them at all. 

Also people who will defend their right to a drink here and there during pregnancy to the death bother me. It's not a big deal.

And finally! People who breastfeed in blatantly public places make me uncomfortable.

• Options
    imageAnnya26:

imagenamara5532:

I feel the same way and opted for midwife instead of OB so that I could stay home as long as I want! 

I know everyone is terrified of having to have a c-section when they want a VB.  I know I was with.  But for my first if I had labored at home any longer than I did (I was 5cm when I got to the hospital) my son would not be alive.  His heart rate dropped so bad that I had to do an emergency c-section (I was put completely under) hubby was not allowed in the operating room.  When they delieverd him they had to revive him.  It is a miracle he is alive.  This would have never been detected if I was at home.  So please don't think doctors don't have your best interest in mind when suggesting a c-section.  They know the risks and generally are only looking out for you and your baby's best interest. 

THE SWEET SURVIVAL
    Running PRs
    5 Mile - 35:05
    10K - 45:55
    Half Marathon - 1:40:31
    Marathon - 3:37:41
  • Options

This has nothing to do with push presents...btw.

I hate that every advertisement makes men think that all a woman could possibly want for a gift is jewelry.  I have more jewelry than I can wear, and I actually feel guilty that I don't wear it more often.  I would rather have something practical like a cool kitchen gadget, or a comfy pair of slippers any day.  I'd get way more use out of them.  Every kiss does not have to begin with KAY.

• Options
    imageSoonToBeMsP:
    imageJessiree:

To me it's tacky if the mother asks for or demands one. 

I will totally agree to this. If you are coming home all diva saying you must have a piece of diamond jewelry like you are Bethenny freakin Frankel, yes, that is tacky. 

After TTC with IR PCOS:

• Options
    imageEleni&Josh:

I hate that every advertisement makes men think that all a woman could possibly want for a gift is jewelry.  I have more jewelry than I can wear, and I actually feel guilty that I don't wear it more often.  I would rather have something practical like a cool kitchen gadget, or a comfy pair of slippers any day.  I'd get way more use out of them.  Every kiss does not have to begin with KAY.

Giggle...

• Options
    imageEleni&Josh:

I concur! I always make fun of jewelry commercials. Jewelry is such a waste of good money, IMO. I do have a few choice jewelry items, but in my line of work, and my general clothing I wear day to day, I hardly ever get to or feel the need to wear jewelry. So, having more than a couple nice necklaces, earrings, bracelets, is such a waste. 

Of course you're going to see a lot of jewelry commercials right now, just like you're going to see a lot of tools and electronic commercials for men. It's just the way advertising works. But yes, personally I find them ridiculous. I probably didn't act as shocked as half the women on those commercials over a simple necklace as I did when I got my wedding ring, TBH. Not that I don't love my ring, but their reactions are really over the top.

• Options
    i thought it was super lame that when FB group requests were being made, someone bothered to come on and say they weren't taking any new members and to just start a new group. I mean, really? lol. just ignore the requests instead of giving some excuse, bc we all know you are taking new members, just only the ones you want and not everyone. Just struck me as lolworthy.
  • Options
    imagejineau:
    I hate when my "friends" invite me to purse parties, Mary k,  lingerie parties, tupperware parties and most recently this cooking club thing. I always feel pressured and end up buying something that is far too overpriced That never gets used! I need to learn to say know but these "friends are great at guilt tripping me into them. grrr.
    ohhhh I hate this too. None of those products from home based businesses are a good deal. i never go to the parties so i can avoid the guilt trip.
  • Options

I get so sick of people telling me I'm stupid or crazy for wanting a natural birth. I have vented about this so many times before, but I don't understand why this makes me crazy for not wanting to put the meds into my or my baby's body. I feel like they think I'm going about this with no research, no preparation. I feel the same way when people think I'm crazy for wanting to cloth diaper.

I also get sick of people going into labor without knowing anything about it (due to ignorance and not wanting to research and going off what people- not doctors/nurses- just tell them). I especially get sick of it when they are disappointed in the way their birth went. IMO even just being a part of a site like this one helps know a little bit more about what they are going to endure.

• Options

imageFarmvilleLover:
    i thought it was super lame that when FB group requests were being made, someone bothered to come on and say they weren't taking any new members and to just start a new group. I mean, really? lol. just ignore the requests instead of giving some excuse, bc we all know you are taking new members, just only the ones you want and not everyone. Just struck me as lolworthy.

Wait, what?  

So let me understand - a group of people that first met on this board got together to create a separate group, the defections to which all but killed this board, and now they won't accept new members from the original community that they were all a part of?  

That's just rude. 

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagecbkeni:
    imageEleni&Josh:

Giggle...

I actually hate jewlery personally.  I don't have pierced ears, I can't stand things around my neck and wrist and the only jewlery I wear is my wedding/engagement ring and a daughter's pride ring.  One on each hand. 

When I started dating my now husband I told him flat out that I wasn't a jewlery person.  He told his family that (after they had met me once) and they said "she's lying. Every woman loves jewlery.  She just doesn't want to guilt you into buying anything."  So he went out and bought me a necklace and gave it to me for Christmas.  Needless to say, I was not excited (although I tried very hard to be) when I opened that gift.  He saw my reaction and knew right away that I was in fact not lying, went out and told his family that I wasn't lying.  They felt a little bit sheepish.  I do wear the necklace sometimes, but mostly it hangs in our bathroom collecting dust.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    imageHuahine:

imageFarmvilleLover:

Wait, what?  

So let me understand - a group of people that first met on this board got together to create a separate group, the defections to which all but killed this board, and now they won't accept new members from the original community that they were all a part of?  

That's just rude. 

Lol.
  • Options
    imageCObride2006:
    imageAnnya26:

imagenamara5532:

I know everyone is terrified of having to have a c-section when they want a VB.  I know I was with.  But for my first if I had labored at home any longer than I did (I was 5cm when I got to the hospital) my son would not be alive.  His heart rate dropped so bad that I had to do an emergency c-section (I was put completely under) hubby was not allowed in the operating room.  When they delieverd him they had to revive him.  It is a miracle he is alive.  This would have never been detected if I was at home.  So please don't think doctors don't have your best interest in mind when suggesting a c-section.  They know the risks and generally are only looking out for you and your baby's best interest. 

wow...that must have been very scary. We ended up with an emergency forceps delivery in the OR, and I agree with you...I'm so thankful we had the help of an amazing NICU team there who I know were doing the best for me and my little girl.  

Pregnancy Ticker
    Lyla Margaret , June 7, 2009 Tavis Tutty, January 5, 2012
  • Options
    UO Thursday, everybody! XD
  • Options
    imagelilnightmusic:

imageFarmvilleLover:

Actually we talked about it and decided that we weren't going to take ANY new people, since we had all been together from the first tri and most of the people on tb now seem to be people we don't recognize.  We figured it was better to make a post then to leave everyone hanging.  In addition the non-fb crowd seems to have bonded to each other and honestly we currently like the dynamic in our group.  We already have 193 people, and while we have decided not to delete the people who solely lurk like the February 12 girls, adding any more isn't what we want to do.  The group was open to everyone for months, but considering now we're all having babies or a few weeks out expecting to be added to an already existing group in which we've all made connections this late in the game is expecting a lot.  And if you don't like it, start your own group.  That's kind of the price of being a lurk or a late joiner or someone who was resisting the facebook group.  That might sound b1tchy but sorry, it's just the way it is. 

Let me get this straight: the FB group was created for the January 2012 moms and posters from this board are now requesting to join the FB group that is in large part responsible for the super slow vibe here (and you have to admit it has gotten even more slow in recent weeks) and you are turning them away but have ladies from other month boards as part of the group? 

After TTC with IR PCOS:

• Options

We are not adding anyone. As far as I know all the girls on the FB are from this very month board and have been together since the beginning. They are not lurkers who decided that a month before the baby's due is a great time to start getting active. They are not posters who said that the original idea of FB was stupid but now suddenly want to join. We are all Bumpies who started out on this board and gravitated to the FB group when it opened. The FB has been around for months and has been advertised for months. I don't see why people now all of a sudden want in. The girls who are there now have been together for months, sharing pictures, information, etc. We have inside jokes and we know each other. We don't need anymore lurkers or inactive posters.

Again, if you guys really want to join a FB group, why not start your own. It's obvious you guys have connected on some level and that you feel like we're rude...and apparently bitchy as well.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 5/07/11, DS 01/19/12
    BFP #2 08/09/12, M/C 08/10/12
    BFP #3 10/30/12, EDD 07/11/12...please stick!
  • Options

imagelilnightmusic:

The group was open to everyone for months, but considering now we're all having babies or a few weeks out expecting to be added to an already existing group in which we've all made connections this late in the game is expecting a lot.  And if you don't like it, start your own group.  That's kind of the price of being a lurk or a late joiner or someone who was resisting the facebook group.  That might sound b1tchy but sorry, it's just the way it is. 

No, you're wrong. That doesn't SOUND bitchy, that IS bitchy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wish strangers would comment on my pg.  I've only had 2 or 3 strangers say anything to me and it's a little depressing.  I'm obviously pg.  I wish it would get acknowledged more espically because I've waited so long for it.  Maybe my problem is people are too polite around here.
  • Options
    imagelilnightmusic:
    imageSmittyPants:

imagelilnightmusic:

The group was open to everyone for months, but considering now we're all having babies or a few weeks out expecting to be added to an already existing group in which we've all made connections this late in the game is expecting a lot.  And if you don't like it, start your own group.  That's kind of the price of being a lurk or a late joiner or someone who was resisting the facebook group.  That might sound b1tchy but sorry, it's just the way it is. 

Yeah well, we obviously took all the awesome with us when we left this board.  Just be happy that you guys don't know what you're missing. 

This totally made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants. 

My little goofball born 1/2012
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagelilnightmusic:
    imageSmittyPants:

imagelilnightmusic:

Yeah well, we obviously took all the awesome with us when we left this board.  Just be happy that you guys don't know what you're missing. 

If the board is filled with the likes of you, then I doubt I'm missing much.

• Options
    imagelilnightmusic:
    imageSmittyPants:

imagelilnightmusic:

Lol. Most awesome response ever. 

Seriously guys, if you think we're bitchy then why complain about not being able to join?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    oh jimminy cricket. i  should have known this would happen lo.l
  • Options
    imageluckylindy:

Seriously guys, if you think we're bitchy then why complain about not being able to join?

Oh, I wasn't complaining about not being able to join. Frankly, I don't want a bunch of strangers to have access to my personal information. 

The FB group basically killed this board, so to do something like that, and then deny people that want to join? Yeah... bitchy.  

• Options
    imageSmittyPants:

Oh, it is.  And it is fantastic.

Photobucket BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imageSmittyPants:
    imageluckylindy:

Oh, I wasn't complaining about not being able to join. Frankly, I don't want a bunch of strangers to have access to my personal information. 

The FB group basically killed this board, so to do something like that, and then deny people that want to join? Yeah... bitchy.  

It's not like we asked for applications or anything or plotted out the demise of this board. There was plenty of time to join so if someone didn't do so then they missed the boat and it's too bad.

Sounds to me like everyone is upset because this board is boring now. If you aren't happy with the postings or the activity, do something about it instead of blaming other people and calling them names.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageChefMomAmy:
    imageSmittyPants:

Smile 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageChefMomAmy:
    imageSmittyPants:

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. In my "likes of you" comment, I was referring the thread in which she discussed why she thinks gay people shouldn't be able to get married. That's what I meant by "likes of you".  As someone with friends and family who are gay, I found that very offensive and therefore, remembered who she was. 

So yeah. ANYWAY...  

• Options
    imageluckylindy:
    imagelilnightmusic:
    imageSmittyPants:

imagelilnightmusic:

I have been on TB for the last several months, but I can't get on FB at work so I decided not to join since I am only online when I'm working. I do wish there was more activity on TB especially since this is our last month or next to last month

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"