January 2012 Moms

wax on, wax off

Anyone using waxing to keep up with downstair maintenance? The shaving is soooo not working out anymore. I have never done the whole waxing thing even before pregnancy so I just curious?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: wax on, wax off

• waxing, under normal situations hurts. Add to that the sensitive skin and increased blood flow of your downstairs... no way! Drs dont care if you have a forest down there during L&D.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • I've gotten waxed once since I was pregnant, and it didn't hurt more than usual...but it still hurts! I'm actually planning on getting one before delivery, just so I feel well-groomed beforehand, even though I know no one cares except for ME!
    DD: 1/8/12
    DS: 3/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The first time always hurts more. But my doc said and I have heard/read it so many times that if you don't was/apilate you should not start with it during pregnancy. Not only b/c you are more sensitive b/c of increased flood flow but it also has something to do with blood pressure etc. I can't remember all the details but long story short: don't start now.

Some even say not to do it even if you DO wax on a regular basis, but I think that's BS lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've only gotten waxed once and it didn't hurt nearly as bad as I thought it would. I imagine it will hurt worse with everything down there being a little swollen and sensitive but if you stick to mainly the bikini area it shouldn't be too bad. Mine was was with hard wax, not the strips and some people say it hurts less. I don't have anything to compare it to. I plan to get a wax about two weeks before my due date.
  • I did wax myself until I could no longer see. I prefer soft wax with strips over hard wax, but personal opinion. I also think that it does hurt a little more during pregnancy.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I still do it, but I was doing it before pg.  I will say that it hurts a little more and gets inflamed more easily.  It's not going to do you any harm, but it's definitely not going to be a walk in the park, especially since you have never done it before since the hair follicles are gonna hang on a little tighter.  Thanks for reminding me that I need an appt this weekend.

In all honesty, I don't think it hurts that badly, and if you are worried, take a tylenol before you go.  Trimming helps, but obviously, that is a bit of a moot point these days, and definitely spend the money on a real spa and not some cheap-o place.  The aestheticians are more qualified and they use better wax. 

That's my 2 cents... 

• I'm still getting waxed. I don't really think it hurt too much more than usual, but I do go to a spa and they do use a special wax. I had it done once somewhere else and it felt like they were ripping my skin off, so definitely go somewhere good. You'll pay more, but it's definitely worth it. I also don't think it hurts that bad. I mean, it's not comfortable, but I'd rather have that done than my upper lip any day haha
  • imagespolan:

I still do it, but I was doing it before pg.  I will say that it hurts a little more and gets inflamed more easily.  It's not going to do you any harm, but it's definitely not going to be a walk in the park, especially since you have never done it before since the hair follicles are gonna hang on a little tighter.  Thanks for reminding me that I need an appt this weekend.

In all honesty, I don't think it hurts that badly, and if you are worried, take a tylenol before you go.  Trimming helps, but obviously, that is a bit of a moot point these days, and definitely spend the money on a real spa and not some cheap-o place.  The aestheticians are more qualified and they use better wax. 

That's my 2 cents... 

I was waxing regularly until half-way through second tri.  Then it just hurt too much.  So since bikini season ended, I've resorted to the trimmer to keep things from getting too discomitt. 

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"