Infertility

2nd round of IVF

Hello all!  Just wanted to introduce myself...my name is Maria and I'm starting my second round of IVF tomorrow.  I thought it would be nice to start posting on here and try to connect with some people that are going through the same thing.  My last cycle was 22 days of Gonal F and Menopur!  My body was not responding to the meds and I only produced 4 follicles.  All four fertilized but only two were able to transter.  I got my period on the day of my pregnancy test.  Tomorrow I'm starting on 2 microdoses of Lupron (one in the morning and one at night).  I've heard horror stories about this medication but after being on the maximum dosage of Gonal F and Menopur for 22 days last month with barely a reaction, I'm hoping that it is the same with Lupron.  Sorry for the TMI on my first day here....  Thanks for listening!

Maria

Re: 2nd round of IVF

• Hi and welcome!!  I know the feeling, ironically, of both high and low response to meds.  Frustrating and disappointing, I am so sorry!! 

Good luck to you on this next cycle - hope the Lupron helps and you get a much better response this time!

• Welcome!  I hope this cycle is sucessful for you.  Good luck!

TTC since September 2009.

IVF #2: +HPT 2/6/12! ~ Boy/Girl Twins!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board!  Hope this is your cycle!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome Maria and thanks for the nice introduction. Good luck with cycle two. I hope this one does the trick!
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Welcome Maria!!!  I hope your stay is short..best of luck to you :)
  • Hi!! Welcome to the board! Good luck to you with your second cycle. I too am about to embark on my second IVF. I actually am also a poor responder to the max meds. I had attempted two rounds of meds and were cancelled both times. Then I actually was able to have a full cycle IVF with ET in October. I had only 1 lead follicles and 3 stragglers when I triggered. I had 4 eggs retrieved and only 2 made it to transfer. It is so disappointing but hang in there because the ladies on here are AMAZING and will cheer you on and make the struggles so much easier to bear.

I am hoping that #2 is(are) the golden egg(s) for you!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your journey! Take care.

Me: 39 DH: 39 Dx: MFI, DOR, Poor Responder Our only option is IVF with ICSI; 1/11 IVF#1.1: Lupron flare, canceled lead follie/poor response; 3/11 IVF#1.2: EPP, canceled due to lead follicle/poor response; 10/11 IVF#1.3: Antagonist, microdose HCG, 2 embies 2dt BFN; 12/11 IVF #2: Stims started 12/17, ER: 12/27 3R, 1 mature, 1 fert, other 2 eggs matured overnight and rescue ICSI performed and both fertilized! (frozen on 12/30), On 12/29 1 2d 4-cell, grade 1 embie transferred. 1/12: Scheduled Beta, FX'd! IVF Snowflakes!
    Photobucket
  • Welcome to the board!! I hope your stay is short & you find lots of support here. Good luck with your cycle!!
    Me: 33 & DH: 31~ Married: 07/10/05; TTC since 09/2009
    Dx: Endo; Lap surgery:09/2009
    Referred to RE October 2010
    IVF #1 April/May 2011 - BFN; IVF #2 August 2011 - BFP, ended in miscarriage; FET #1 April 2012 - BFN; IVF #3 Fall 2012
  • welcome aboard!  I did not have a bad reaction to Lupron, so perhaps you won't either.  good luck!
  • Welcome! I'm sorry that your first try wasn't successful.  I hope that the change of protocol works well for you.
    TTC since Jan. 2010 DX Unexplained infertility
    3 IUI's w/Clomid & Ovidrel=all BFNs
    3 IVF (2 Fresh, 1 frozen) =BFN
    Jan 2012 New RE & Fresh Cycle =BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 October 2014
    Meet with RE March 2015
    2 Frozen & 1 Fresh IVF= BFNs
    September 2015 Frozen ET=BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board