April 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: any watch HIMYM last night?

i sat there eating a tub of ice cream and was crying. DH kept looking at me.

i know its only a show but i just felt bad for Robin and know so many women who have been in her shoes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: any watch HIMYM last night?

• Options
    I cried too! it was sad :(
  • Options
    The way they lead you on though the whole episode... just to break your heart... And this is a Christmas episode of a sitcom?!? I totally cried....

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

HIMYM NEVER spoils the episode. So the whole time I was wondering what the twist was, I just didn't expect it to be that or something so sad. Poor Robin. That is very sad and sad to watch.

On another note, I do still have hope that her and Barney get together, but I don't know if that will be the case. Future Ted talks about her travels so I don't know if she winds up with Barney now.....but Future Ted did say she was never alone.

• Options
    I missed it completely...and thanks to pregnancy brain forgot to set the DVR. Someone PLEEEASE tell me what happened?
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I was pissed! I got all excited for nothing!

Now me watching Gossip Girl last night, I was seriously bawling by the end. I felt like an idiot but DH said no, it's ok, you are just really attached to this show and the characters.

Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageAmandaLea26:
    I missed it completely...and thanks to pregnancy brain forgot to set the DVR. Someone PLEEEASE tell me what happened?

So Robin had the pregnancy scare which wound up false. She  hasn't slept with Dr Kumar yet, so it would have been Barney's. He was excited and she wasn't. But since she wasn't pregnant, it was ok for her.

Well come to find out she can never have children. Once she heard the news, she got pretty upset and the whole episode was practically her talking to her kids on the couch like future Ted does, but it was just her imagination. Future Ted confirms she never has kids.

I think that covered the important parts.......anyone fill in any blanks I left.

• Options
    Ok...that IS depressing, kinda glad I missed it. I don't need to cry anymore. lol
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I was so upset, I loved the idea of Robin's kids with Barney and the happily ever after. I was so sad for her and mad at the writers for all the false hope.
    aka- DavidsBride2Be
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    It was incredibly well written/acted, but I bawled!  We've tried for 5.5 years for a baby and have had multiple losses before this pregnancy (we're farther along now than we've ever made it!) so I could relate to that feeling of thinking you at least had the option of having kids and then not.  So heartbreaking. DH sat next to me holding tissues before the first 10 minutes of the episode had passed :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"