April 2012 Moms
Options

Holiday Spending...

This was probably posted recently but eh.

For parents who have children who are older than 1 (as I think people tend to spend less on babies who don't need much) what is your holiday budget per child?

Last night I laid out what I had gotten DS so far and did some quick math, it does not look like a heck of a lot but it had already come to $140 : 2 DVDs (Winnie the pooh and cars 2), some leapfrog alphabet writing thing, a book, a stamper set, paper/paint/toddler scissors, and 3 games (kerplunk, chutes and ladders and a cute domino game).

eeek.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Holiday Spending...

• Options
    $100 .... dh and I aren't exchanging this year... we'll get what we need after Christmas... we had a couple exchanges we're involved with .... going very cheap this year! 
  • Options
    around $150 - a tunnel, some train tracks and trains, and a sit n spin
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAprilsies:
    $100 .... dh and I aren't exchanging this year... we'll get what we need after Christmas... we had a couple exchanges we're involved with .... going very cheap this year! 

DH and I are only doing $25 stocking stuffers.  Sad how things have changed, ha.

We cut out some of the gifts we use to give to certain people and are also trying to conserve.

• Options

3 older kids can easily be over $1000.00.   It just adds up so fast and everything is getting too damned $$$. Plus our oldest ds's b-day is Dec 23rd. The holidays are super stressfull! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Hi There!  We have two children besides the one we aer expecting and they are 2 1/2 and 4 1/2.  We do 3 presents for our children and then stockings and this year we are doing a bigger family gift now that they are able to enjoy it.  Usually on of the gifts is a box of one or two outfits, then two toys and I try to fill their stockings full of decent small things.  For us we do this for two reasons.  1. We want our kids to know that the greatest gift of all was Jesus and they get three gifts for the 3 gifts the wisemen brought, 2. It helps us not over spend and keep things in perspective.  I dont know about your family but ours the kids get so much from grandparents, aunts and uncles that they get plenty without us going on over load.

Here is an example for what we did: This year the 4 year old is getting a leap pad ($100) Which is more than we usually do on their bigger gift, a Jewelry box about $15 and two outfits I got on sale totallying about $30.  The 2 year old is getting legos $25, Little peoples car thing $60 (I think) and two outfits $30.  And for a family gift we are buying a used Wii from my SIL that they used less than 10 times.  Hope this gives you some ideas!  Sorry so long!

• Options

We spent about $150 for each for the boys, even as they older I'm still not going to go overboard with Christmas spending especially if they request for expensive gifts.

We got the boys- Pkolino storage bench, each a pair ot Tommy H jeans, Diego books, Disney classic books, Diego colouring pages (the big ones), 2 pairs each of See Kai run shoes and a Leapfrog leapster each.  It doesn't seem like much, but we get them what they need in between and they already have a lot of toys.  If I see something that I think might be a good gift I may still buy, but I think we're done.

They're most popular toy at the end of the day will probably be each an small extension cord that they use a microphone so "sing" with lol

• Options

I think we will be spending around $150 on him. So far we got him a Melissa and Doug stacking toy and food cutting set ($25 for the two, sale), a car rug to drive cars on ($20), a mini hockey stick set with nets ($15), a bounce back racer remote car ($20)...

I want to get a few more toys and of course his stocking stuffers. He probably won't get much in the way of clothes, he doesn't really need it. He will get new PJs and a keepsake ornament Christmas Eve as well.  

• Options
    I haven't tallied it up, but its always under $200. When he was smaller, we probably spent more like $100. We bought him a few big gifts, which is good because he will get tons of little stuff from his relatives.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • Options

We budgeted around $100 for DS, $50 for a tree, $30 for each family member and $30 for the grab bag at DH's family Christmas.  But I'm fairly certain I've spent more than that on DS.  I think we'll be okay on the overall Christmas budget of $480, but that has some to do with taking funds from other categories and the fact that I think we're going to get a slightly smaller tree this year.  We also might not participate in the grab bag--we'll see!  

Next year, I think the plan will be to budget $100 for each kid and with an extra $50 for a larger gift for the two kids together (Like a kitchen, or play table and chairs or something like that.)

• Options
    I usually spend about $250 on DD and then another $30 on her stocking. This year I'm only spending about $150 on gifts because there is nothing big she needs and I've gotten some awesome deals. She is getting: animator's collection Ariel, Little Mermaid DVD, Tinkerbell dinnerware, Melissa and Doug cupcake and cookie food sets, an outfit for Baby Stella, Hi Ho Cherry-O, Curious George board game, a ton of craft/coloring stuff, Disney Princess 3 CD set, and books. Her stocking has a Tinkerbell straw cup, Ariel insulated water bottle, stickers, Pipsqueak markers, Tinkerbell night light, Melissa and Doug jumbo coloring pad, Princess crayons, jumbo coloring pages, and puzzle.
  • Options
    I totally forgot my favorite gift this year...I'm making her a quiet book. I spent about $35 on materials and have been busting my butt on it everyday. It's a ton of work bur I love how it's coming out and I know she's going to love it.
  • Options
    Our budget this year is $50 for her Christmas and $50 for bday which is Jan. 4.  Hopefully next year we can make Christmas $100 but we'll have to see where we are monewise.  We set aside $90 each month throughout the year.  We figure out how much we have for Christmas about a month before.  It varies a bit depending how many weddings etc we have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"