April 2012 Moms
Options

Name Feedback

Since we have found out we're having a little girl - we're trying to go through the name selection process.  We've narrowed it down to a few names, and we're trying to go with a classic name feel b/c if we have a boy in the future, it will get DH's name, and it is a super classic English name.Also, my middle name is Marie (as is probably half people born in the 80's haha), but if it works with the name, I wouldn't mind using it since baby boy would get DH's full name.  Our last name is 4 letters and starts with P

Liliana Marie P___ (would go by Lily probably when she's little).  DH isn't a huge fan of Lillian but likes the more italian version of liliana

Our other top first name contenders (we'd go with a diff middle name probably):
Madeline (nickname Maddy) - but the only catch is our dog's name is Mattie (after Matilda), so I don't know if that would be confusing to people
Victoria (but I hate the nickname Vicky and don't want people to call her that)

What do you guys think?  From a background perspective, I'm half Italian/Polish, and DH is almost all English. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Name Feedback

• Options
    I absolutely love Liliana (Lily) and Marie goes great with it! I agree with your thinking on Maddy and for Victoria, could you use Tori as a nn?
  • Options
    My best friend is Victoria and either gets called the full name or Vic. Her nephews call her Aunty Tori as that is what they can manage. She hates Vicky and refuses to answer to it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Lilliana best.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagejamaicam:
    My best friend is Victoria and either gets called the full name or Vic. Her nephews call her Aunty Tori as that is what they can manage. She hates Vicky and refuses to answer to it

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one!  I don't mind Tori either, but DH says it reminds him too much of Mrs. Spelling =).

• Options

i like all the names!

my cousin's name is victoria but we all call her tori.

• Options

Liliana is ok, but I really like your H's suggestion of liliana.  Not sure if you would still use Lily as the NN with that.

I think Madeline is becoming really popular and I don't like the similarity of the NN with the dog's name.

Victoria is nice and you could use Tori as a NN, but people will likely still call her Vic or Vicky.

• Options

I like Liliana. That was actually the name I suggested to DH but he preferred Lillian, which I love so we went with that.

I then like Victoria, it's classic. Although Madeline is really popular right now, to me it's a classic because I had an aunt Madeline.

Edit: I don't like the NN Vicky either, but as long as you call her Victoria then I don't think it will be a problem. Everyone is asking us if we are using the NN Lily, but for now we don't have plans to and refer to her as Lillian.

And because your dog is Mattie, I wouldn't go with a NN of Maddie.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    I love the sound of Madeline Marie....love the play on the double M's!
  • Options
    I really like Liliana. It is very pretty. I think Lily is a good NN or even Liana althoughit is long for a NN. 
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We almost picked Liliana. Instead we were going to spell it...Lilijana. It is more Serbian/Croatian (our heritage) spelled that way. Also, she could get Lily or Jana as a nickname. :)

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I'd stick with Liliana.  Maddy may become confusing and Vicky is a deff nickname for Victoria and she may come to like being called Vicky when she gets older. GL.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback ladies.  I've been dying to ask my sis/mom, but DH and I agreed that we wouldn't discuss with family/friends to prevent getting negative feedback on our final name contenders.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"