Preemies

big step this weekend:)

Just wanted to share the exciting news, I was finally able to start breast feeding lil Manuel yesterday and today, the LCs said for only being 32 weeks he's picking it up better than expected. He really likes his food:)

on a side note, we were going to attempt putting clothes on him but he's a lil too long for the preemie outfits we had, so we'll try again tomorrow.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

Re: big step this weekend:)

• That IS exciting!  I remember not being able to sleep when the doctor said I would be able to breastfeed the following day...glad he is doing well :)

The tall preemie...hmmm...ours was always on the short side, like his mom and dad, go figure.  Hope to see some pics soon!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • That's a great step! Congrats-what a special day!
  • Loading the player...
  • So exciting!
  • Such great news about the breastfeeding...that's an awesome feeling!

Yay for getting to put clothes on him...it's the little things that excite us preemie moms; I still remember the first outfit I was allowed to put on DD!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congrats on the Breastfeeding! I have a tall one as well, most clothes we have found say 17 inches, and they are to short for him and he is only 15 inches.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Congrats!! Henry also started going to the breast around that time. He didn't really catch on completely until a little closer to 34 weeks, but I really believe starting early was key to bringing him home earlier AND breastfeeding. I also think it helped that we didn't start bottles until 34 weeks so BFing was pretty established (as much as it can be for a preemie).

Henry was also long and was out of the Carter's preemie stuff earlier- the BRU preemie stuff never really fit. Carter's newborn size, esp. onesies, worked as did the gymboree and little me preemie stuff which were bigger. Enjoy!

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"