New York Babies

Looking for Pediatricians in NYC, upper east side area

Hi,

I am 7 1/2 months pregnant and am looking for recommendations for Pediatricians, preferably on the Upper East Side. Thanks!

Re: Looking for Pediatricians in NYC, upper east side area

• I love my pedi, Dr. Duszka.  She is part of pediatrics of NY on 86th and madison. 
  • I'm actually meeting Dr. Duszka this Friday.

I heard Uptown Pediatrics is great, but they don't take our insurance. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh great!  Let me know how you like her. When I was pregnant, I met her and one other doctor in the practice. Both seemed great.  I like that Dr. D is usually always prompt, great with my baby and responds so quickly to emails.  Good Luck!
  • My SIL used Columbia East Side pediatrics and loved them. They are around Madison and the low 60's.

Number: 212-326-3315 

• We met Dr.Duszka this morning and we really liked her and the practice.

I went there with a sheet of questions, but she pretty much answered most of my questions without me having to have asked.

Their office is very close, have someone on call 24 hrs and they take our insurance, she seemed liked a caring person, so we will be using her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We've been going to Park Avenue Pediatrics on 90th St between Park and Lex for the last 4 years.  Both my kids have been to them.  My son was a preemie and my daughter has a heart defect (which Dr. Similon caught immediately in the hospital and sent her for a bunch of further tests) so I've been through a lot with them and I'm comfortable with all of them (because when a kid is sick, you don't wait- you go no matter which doctor is working so you have to like everyone in the practice- not just your pediatrician).

We were seeing Dr. Grunfeld but when he died, we started seeing Dr. Luttinger.  I adore her.  She is very knowledgable and I love the fact that she and Dr. Kozich are moms- they really understand when we get a little crazy as a new mom.  Dr. Similon has the best rapport with kids- he is so mild mannered that no kid is ever afraid of him!  I don't know Dr. Kokotos well because she is fairly new but I would highly recommend any of the others in the practice.

They take most insurance.  The only negative I have about the practice is that there is no separate area for sick kids (as opposed to an area for regular well visits).  Many places in Manhattan don't because space is so hard.  However, they try to schedule newborn visits at one time of the day and sick kids in another part of the day so they don't interact.  Whoever you end up seeing, make sure they have something like that if they don't have a separate space.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Glad you liked Dr. D.  Its a great practice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"