Health & Exercise
Options

Great Book for PG Nutrition

Skinny *** Bun in the Oven: A Gutsy Guide to Becoming One Hot (and Healthy) Mother!

This book rocks for no nonsense, truthful (albeit painful) pregnancy diet advice. My sister got it for me on Saturday and I am halfway done.

Re: Great Book for PG Nutrition

• Options
    i was going to get this book but my mom read skinny *** (which she loves) but she said that the author is a vegan and the book was catered to people who don't eat meat. ?is it the same with this book because i'm definitely not a vegetarian and i know it wouldn't be healthy to start while pregnant.?
  • Options
    When you finish, could you also give a quick thumbs up or thumbs down on the approach to carbs? I know they are pretty anti-carb in the original book (at least, that's what I am told).
    Baby E: July 3, 2009 Baby M: February 22, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you read the book you'll realize that switching to a veg diet now is the best possible thing you can do for yourself AND your baby. Much healthier than eating carcass and hormones and pesticides and antibiotics and pus, etc. (sorry, but it's true).

They are not anti-carb AT ALL!

PLEASE READ THE BOOK AND GIVE IT A CHANCE!!!

• Options

I totally agree!! "Skinny ***" is amazing and the best thing you can do for yourself is to stop eating meat. Once you read the rotting, decomposing flesh diet chapter I think you will agree too!!

Haven't read "Skinny ***: Bun in the Oven"  but will be buying it soon!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"