April 2012 Moms
Options

Pelvic pressure

Does anyone else get pelvis pressure that can be really uncomfortable depending on the way baby is laying? He was turned sideways earlier this morning, and then I (tmi) had a bm, and I've dealt with constipation a lot during this pregnancy, so I was straining some but not any more than normal. When I was finished and stood up, I had a ton of pressure down there. I'm pretty sure his head is down there putting the pressure low. Laying down its not too bad but standing up is really uncomfortable. I haven't had any contractions or bleeding, and I have a lot of discharge but that's normal lately, so do you think this is normal? It just worries me that he is down there. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Pelvic pressure

• Options
    I have quite a bit of pelvic pressure, b/c I'm carrying baby boy so low and my uterus was already low lying. Fun! Indifferent I think it's probably totally fine, just uncomfortable for you. My doctor told me that the good news was there was no room left for him to grow downwards, so I will hopefully be feeling better as he continues to grow upwards with my uterus. Fingers crossed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it's not rlp. It is seriously like his head is pushing down on my cervix. He's been low before but it hasn't felt this uncomfortable before so I don't know if it's the way he's laying or what. Any tips on how to get him to turn?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been having the same problem. Although for me, it hurts more when I'm sitting. Haven't figured out a way to get the baby to move yet!
  • Options

Ha!  No tips but this probably explains the pressure/irritation that I was feeling a few days ago!  I was going to call my doctor if it hadn't subsided by the next day but didn't even consider that it might be the baby lying a certain way - it's still so hard for me to imagine how quickly she's growing!

Thanks for posting :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I feel this way at times, especially when he lays very low.  Maybe try laying down on your side to see if he moves somewhere else?  I usually just lay down and rub my tummy and wait for him to move.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've felt that way since week 14. In addition to the pressure it also feels like my pelvic bone is bruised, like I went on a long horseback ride or something. Good times. At least now it has been going on long enough I'm used to it and it's not too annoying most days.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    It's still kind of freaking me out, but the fact that some of you guys have similar feelings helped. I went to the clinic today because I was afraid I had a bladder infection and wanted to mention the pressure. No obgyns are on call weekends, at least for stuff like this, and the clinic was taking forever, but a nurse took a urine sample and showed it to the doctor so I wouldn't have to wait hours. He said no infection, and the pressure was probably just baby laying low. It doesn't make me feel 100% better since I didn't actually talk to him and he isn't an obgyn, but it did help. I'll call my dr on Monday just in case, especially if it keeps up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"