April 2012 Moms
Options

GTKY: Birth Weight

I stole this from the March BMB :)

How much did you and DH weigh at birth?

If you've already had a baby, what did that baby weigh?

How is LO measuring right now?

Lillian April 17, 2012

Re: GTKY: Birth Weight

• Options

Me: 6lbs 5 oz., DH: 5 lbs 7 oz.

First baby

Baby is measuring right on for edd, don't know any percentiles  

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

I was 7-7.

DH was 8-2

DD was 8-9 

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was 6-something, DH was 8-1. This s my first. They didn't tell me a weight, but he's measuring "normally."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I weighed 6 lbs 15 oz and would have been 7 lbs even if I hadn't peed all over the OB!!!! haha!!!! DH was mite over 7 lbs. Juliana was 6 lbs 12 oz and Cailin was 2 lbs 4 oz (stillborn at 28 wks 3 days). Two weeks ago I think they estimated 5 oz? It's crazy how much they grow at the end!!!!
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options

How much did you and DH weigh at birth? Me - 7 lb at 37 weeks, DH 8 lb at 42 weeks

If you've already had a baby, what did that baby weigh? 10 lb 2 oz - guess this was due to my genetics

How is LO measuring right now? right on, hoping she takes after DHs side

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Me: 10.lb. 1/2 oz. (which is hilarious b/c I'm so thin now)

H: 8 lb. 2 oz

FTM

LO: measuring a few weeks ahead  of schedule

• Options

DH was 6lbs something but his mom smoked her entire pregnancy.

I was 7lbs 5oz or something.  I don't remember exactly.

DD#1 was 8lbs even at 41 weeks

DD#2 was 7lbs 11oz at 39 weeks 1 day

Right now they said the baby is measuring 60% and just a few days ahead of my EDD.

• Options

How much did you and DH weigh at birth? Me: 7lbs 3oz DH: 8lbs 4oz

If you've already had a baby, what did that baby weigh? N/A

How is LO measuring right now? LO was measuring 9oz at my A/S on Nov 2nd

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I weighed 7.6, DF weighed 4-something (he was a preemie).

At my first u/s they said LO was measuring 5 days behind my EDD, but at my a/s he measured 2 days ahead of my EDD, so whatever that means size wise? Apparently he's a week bigger than estimated, I hope he's not too big! 

• Options

How much did you and DH weigh at birth? I weighed 6 pounds, DH weighed a whopping 9.9!!!  Let's hope Liam takes after his mommy lol!  Kidding..mostly, I hope he's a chunky monkey baby.Smile

If you've already had a baby, what did that baby weigh? N/A

How is LO measuring right now? He was 9 ounces at my a/s last week!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was 6lbs 13ozs at birth, DH was somewhere around 6lbs

DD1 was 7lbs 12ozs 19" at 3 days over due

DD2 was  7lbs 7ozs 19" at 2wks over due

DD3 was 6lbs 10ozs 19" at 5 days early

Current LO was weighing in at 12ozs at my scan (done at 20w 2d) and was measuring 2 days ahead, (20w 4d) which is a first.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I was 6 lbs 6 oz, DH was 5 lbs 13 oz, and DD was 6 lbs 2 oz. This baby was 8 oz. at 18w4d.
  • Options

I weighed a little over ten and DH weighed a little over nine! I fear for my life. 

This is our first, and our A/S is on the 13th, so we'll know then how LO is doing.  

• Options

I was 9lbs DH was barely 7 lbs.

At 20 weeks Baby Bajan was 11 oz and in the 47th percentile for measurements.

Here is a wedding pic- note I am in 4 inch heels here. DH is often mistaken for a football player.

I thought it was hilarious when my Mom told me the other day what a big baby I was and then I stopped growing at 4'11.

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was 8 lbs. 7 oz. (at 2 weeks late).  DH was 6 lbs. 15 oz. (at 10 days early).

DS (born 6 days early) was 7 lbs. 7 oz.

This LO weighed 9 oz. at 19 weeks and is predicted to be in the mid to upper 7s.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Me- 9 lb 4 oz
    Boyfriend- Unknown, He is adopted
    His son was 11 lbs 13 oz

• Options

How much did you and DH weigh at birth? DH was 8lbs 2oz and I was 10lbs 1oz (yikes!) Hoping my LO is an average of the two of us.

If you've already had a baby, what did that baby weigh? FTM

How is LO measuring right now? At a/s scan today LO was measuring at 12oz. Not sure where that falls in the percentages.

• Options

DH and I were both between 8 & 9 lbs (don't remember exact numbers right now, and too tired to go look)

DS was 7 lbs 8 oz at 41w2d

Baby was measuring exactly 20w1d (exactly how far along I was at the time) at our a/s a couple of weeks ago 

• Options

How much did you and DH weigh at birth?  Me:  8lbs. 2.5 oz, DH:  8 lbs. 10 oz.

If you've already had a baby, what did that baby weigh?  9 lbs. 13 oz.

How is LO measuring right now?  At his 10 month appointment he was in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height but I can't remember what the exact measurements were.    Needless to say, he's thinned out quite a bit!

ETA:  Oh, THIS LO!  Misunderstood the assignment!  This LO is "average."  Of course, that's what they told me with DS! 

• Options

Me: 5 pounds 4 ounces (and I was late)

DH: 9.5 pounds

Not really sure how LO is measuring now.  My a/s is on Tuesday at 21 weeks.  Was measuring a few days ahead around 14 weeks.  I'm scared!

• Options

Me: 9lbs, 11 ounces DH: 9lbs

FTM

LO: measuring in the 86th percentile and several days ahead. Not looking good for a normal sized baby!

We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.
    My Bio (wedding pics added 7/6)
    My 101
  • Options

Me, 6lb 4-ish oz. 

DH 9lb 7 oz 

DS 9lb 2 oz

DD was measuring only 3 days ahead.  

photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options

Me- 7lbs and change

DH- 2lbs8oz (preemie, born at 27 weeks)

DS- 7lbs7oz

LO- measured 1 full pound at A/S done at 21 weeks... BIG BOY

• Options

I was between 7-8 pounds, my hubby was over 9lbs.

My twins were born at 34 weeks- Anna was 4lbs 15 oz, Bailey was 5lbs 1 oz.

My other twins were born at 38 weeks- Kayden was 6lbs 3 oz, Madison was 4 lbs, 14 oz.

This LO was 9oz. at 18 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

me: 6lbs 5 oz

DH: 11 lbs

1st baby, measuring in the 77th percentile...so I guess he's gonna take after daddy. Guess I'll be a c-section mama!

• Options
    I was 6 lbs 6 oz and DH was 9 lbs 10 oz. Baby is in the 40ish percentile for everything but her head. Its in the 75th lol.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was 7-15 and my H was 7 even. I don't know how big baby is, but I was told she's measuring right on schedule! 
    -------------------------------------
  • Options

I have no idea what my DH or myself weighed at birth.

My oldest son weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces

My youngest son weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces

My little princess is measuring right on time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekatieh1017:

How much did you and DH weigh at birth? 7 lb 11 oz

If you've already had a baby, what did that baby weigh? 6 lb 3 oz

How is LO measuring right now? Haven't had the big u/s yet, but so far right on track.

• Options
    I was 7.6 and 22 days late! Dh was 7.8. First baby and he's right on track
    Kellen 4.27.12 Miller 6.30.13 Baby #3 edd 9.7.15
  • Options
    image246baje:

I was 9lbs DH was barely 7 lbs.

At 20 weeks Baby Bajan was 11 oz and in the 47th percentile for measurements.

Here is a wedding pic- note I am in 4 inch heels here. DH is often mistaken for a football player.

I thought it was hilarious when my Mom told me the other day what a big baby I was and then I stopped growing at 4'11.

What a great pic of you and DH and I love, love, love your wedding dress!! I loved mine tgen and still do but if I were chosing one today that is exactly what I would pick!  

• Options

imageTeamHayes:
    I was 7.6 and 22 days late! Dh was 7.8. First baby and he's right on track

Ugh, 22 days late? Your poor mom!!! I was a few days early with both of my boys and so grateful for that! But I'm sure you were worth the wait, I just can't magine 22days late.... 

• Options

How much did you and DH weigh at birth? 8lbs .5oz for me, can't remember DH.

If you've already had a baby, what did that baby weigh? 8lbs 2oz.

How is LO measuring right now? About 12oz. He's measuring smaller than DD so far. We'll see if that continues.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

How much did you and DH weigh at birth? I was 8 pounds, not sure about DH.

If you've already had a baby, what did that baby weigh? DS was 6 pounds, 4 ounces. DD was 7 pounds, 1 oune.

How is LO measuring right now? Not sure, haven't had A/S yet

DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • Options

hubby and I were both about 8 1/2 pounds at birth. Kind of funny because he is a foot taller and weighs twice what I do!

At the first u/s the gave me a due date a couple days early, at the next u/s another couple days early. So she is measuring 4-5 days ahead.

I don't hold out much hope for having a small baby, I wouldn't be surprised with a 9 pounder. I expressed concern to MW about having a giant baby (as I am a small framed person) and she said that babies are just getting bigger now, and she had someone deliver a 10 pounder vaginally a few weeks ago so she said a big baby doens't mean I'll have issues.

we'll see though! my mom is very small too, like me and she gave birth to 7 of us vaginally with no epis and most of us were 8lbs + so perhaps I have genetically good hips for childbirthin' even though it doesn't LOOK like I do!

• Options

How much did you and DH weigh at birth? Me: 7lbs 2 oz DH: 9lbs 10oz

If you've already had a baby, what did that baby weigh? 7lbs 8oz and 7lbs 6oz

How is LO measuring right now? a couple days ahead, I am hoping she follows the trend of her brother and sister, I have enough stretch marks from my 7.5 pounders, I don't think I need one bigger than that! 

Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Options

How much did you and DH weigh at birth? I was 7 lbs 3 oz, 21.75" long, DH was 6 lbs 4 oz and 19" long.

If you've already had a baby, what did that baby weigh? He was 10 lbs and 22".

How is LO measuring right now? At 20w2d LO was ESTIMATED to be 12 oz.

I really don't put much stock into the parents birthweight vs. children comparison as it pretty much didn't apply to us AT ALL.  Also FWIW, the u/s weights especially this early are estimates, DS was measuring at 11 oz at his 20 week scan and that is no way indicative of a large baby.  It was until my 32 week scan that showed him to be estimated at 5 lbs 13 oz did we get the you are going to have a 10 pounder speech.  I also had 18 u/s last pregnancy (including weekly starting at 30 weeks) and I'm actually on track to have more for this one.  DS measured right on time all the way up to the 30 week when he started measuring slightly ahead and then he just took off.  With this LO, I was 4 days behind at 6 and 7 weeks, a full week ahead at 12 weeks and then only 2 days ahead at 20 weeks.  Inside baby's grow just as differently as outside ones and have different growth spurts. 

Also, just because baby may be bigger at birth doesn't mean it's a lifetime of being big.  Like I said, DS was 10 lbs at birth and now at 21 months he barely weighs 25 lbs, which is around the 10th percentile and he's probably about 3 feet tall now which is above the 90th percentile.

Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • Options
    imagekatieh1017:

How much did you and DH weigh at birth? Me - just over 6lbs, DH - 6lbs even (both full term)

If you've already had a baby, what did that baby weigh? DD weighed 5lbs 15 oz, she was born at 38w2d

How is LO measuring right now? As of this morning my little man weighs 9 oz, he may buck the family trend.

• Options

Me: 6lbs 

Dh: 8lbs (or if you ask him normal size lol)

DD#1 4lbs 10.5 oz and 18.5 inches long (she was born at 33 weeks)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"