Infertility

LH content of Menupur enough to cause surge?

I am doing an injectible IUI cycle.  I stimmed for 9 days with just Bravelle 225iu, and then on Friday, my RE added Menopur.  Fri/Sat/Sun I took 75iu of Bravelle and 150 iu of Menopur.  I am going back for another scan this morning.  On Friday, I had 2 follicles around 14mm and some that were smaller.  This morning, my ovaries feel HUGE.   I am guessing he will probably have me trigger tonight.  But, I'm now wondering.....is the LH content in Menopur enough that it could cause an LH surge?  Could I be surging on my own before I trigger?  I want to make sure we get the IUI timed right.  This has happened to me once before - on a Clomid cycle, started surging on my own before trigger.

Also, does anyone know if the LH content of Menopur would give a false positive on an OPK? 

Thanks!

TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: LH content of Menupur enough to cause surge?

• While you can surge before an IUI it is very rare since you are under such heavy monitoring. Usually follies grow 1-2 mm per day so you most likely are right around 18-20 now which is a great size to be triggering at.

Chances are your ovaries are feeling so heavy because you have some pretty decent follies in there. Many of us have felt that heaviness right before trigger, it is normal. 

I would not use opks at this point, your Dr will be able to judge from your E2 and your u/s how everything is proceding. When you trigger that will also cause a positive on your OPK. 

I know it is easy to worry about everything while we are going through this, but try to put some faith in your Dr that he knows what he is doing. 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I had an early surge - despite daily monitoring - it happened overnight (probably when I was watching a stupid chick movie with a friend!) - and RE said it had nothing to do with Menopur and is a VERY infrequent thing to have happen. GOOD LUCK and try not to worry too much!
    B/G twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"