April 2012 Moms
Options

21 Weeks & 6 Days... Cramping

I have been cramping everyday since Thanksgiving. They are mild (like the start of my period) and I don't think they're contractions but they are everyday. They aren't an all day event but they do last for a few hours. Sometime resting and Tylenol help, but some times they don't. I am not bleeding and Bean is moving like normal but I still wonder if I should be concerned or calling the Dr. I recently had a sinus cold and am not sure if it has something to do with it? They don't feel like the round ligament pains I have been getting for awhile now (they normally feel like side stitch pain, not cramps.) What do you ladies think?

Re: 21 Weeks & 6 Days... Cramping

• Options
    If it has lasted that long, I would call the dr just to be on the safe side. They might be able to reassure you that it's nbd.
    -----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Options

imagepensparade:
    If it has lasted that long, I would call the dr just to be on the safe side. They might be able to reassure you that it's nbd.

Sorry, but I'm not up on the lingo here... What is NBD? Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

NBD is no big deal.

Are you drinking enough water?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't over my Thanksgiving vacation - that I know, so have been making a conscious effort to get back on track with it and have been doing better. I was thinking that might be what it was.
  • Options
    I had been experiencing round ligament pain, but then about a week ago I too started having these cramps that felt like menstrual cramping.  It lasts for a few hours then will go away when Im being lazy.  I asked my doctor about it she said for me its perfectly normal because the higher the baby gets in our bodies the more pressure being put on our pelvic bones.  Because they are all being shifted and pushed around because of the movement it is normal to feel menstrual like cramping. Not saying thats the case for you, I would still ask my doctor, but this is what mine said. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This happened to me too, my midwife said try taking in extra calcium and protein. I make sure to have at least 3 serving of dairy a day and i've been stealing a scoop of my husband's whey powder each morning for my smoothie. Since diet change isn't immediate try a warm bath it took mine away right away. I hope that helps.
  • Options

I have been experiencing the same thing since Monday. I called the OB and they sent me to L&D triage, where I was monitored and learned I was also having mild contractions. They checked my cervix, and it was firm and closed, so they just put me on bedrest for the rest of the day and told me to take it easy. They also had me drink a lot of water and empty my bladder every 2 hours, b/c the pressure of a full bladder can make cramping worse.

I've still been having cramping and contractions since then (now that I know what contractions feel like, I can monitor them), but the contractions themselves aren't painful, and they are short and irregular. I saw the Dr. today, and she seemed pretty unconcerned. Said the cramping was normal as things stretched out and that the contractions were Braxton Hicks. I also had an u/s to check my cervical length, which was normal.

The doctor did say that they like people to call if they are having any cramping or contractions, though. I would go ahead and give your OB a call and see what they say.

• Options
              Thank you Ladies for all your help! I drank about 2 Liters of water today and didn't feel crampy at all. I think that might have been what it was but I am still going to keep an eye out for them. If they happen again, I am definitely calling my OB! I told a friend of mine what was going on & her niece who is about 1 month ahead of me (Due in March sometime) had the same feeling, turns out the baby had dropped & she was starting to go into labor so her Dr. put her on bedrest. That was a scary thought!    Tongue Tied     Thanks again for all the insight!!!    Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"