Trying to Get Pregnant

Losing weight while ttc?

Has anybody actively worked to lose weight in conjunction with ttc? I'm not even close to overweight, but would love to lose my post-honeymoon pounds (around 15.) My BMI is in the healthy range, so that is not my reason for losing weight. I've read that the better shape you're in pre-preganacy, the better off you'll be during and after the birth. So, I'd like to be at my ideal weight when I get that BFP!!

How do you lose weight while ttc? 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Losing weight while ttc?

• Unless you are using meth as a weight loss tool, you pretty much lose weight the same way whether you are ttc or not.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • I am in the (sort of) same boat.  I gained about 15 pounds over the last year and would really like to lose it before getting pregnant.  I am almost at the weight I originally thought would be close to my 9 months pregnant weight.  Yikes!  I have started running again, but haven't started looking at my diet or much other exercise yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I can relate as well.  I use to be very chubby, and after my first born 10 years ago it took 3 years to take 60#'s off.  Got to a very comfortable weight.  Then got pg with dd and put 40 on but it came off in 4 months.  I then lost my brother and dramtically lost alot of weight..I mean below healthy bmi.  Brought it back up then my mom died and it went down again.  This last year I finally overcame  the grieving ( Bro died 5 years ago and mom 4 years ago) and now the weight is coming back on.  I have put 17 back on from my lowest.  I'd like to lose 8 at least.  I'm 5'1 and 3/4 (3/4 counts!) so being short anything shows.  However, when I got very small ( I was 103) my period did stop.  So obviously that doesnt work in the TTC category.  Could have been stress as well, not sure.  But when I got to 108 it came back.  But very irregular.  I'd go 5 months without a period.  And I am still unstable now.  So I relate but you have to listen to your  body as well.  Be careful and don't over do it, is my only advice :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Tiffany...My Family of 4... soon to be 5! <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/mzzmadns/2012/?action=view
  • imageMandyBrownNoser:
    Unless you are using meth as a weight loss tool, you pretty much lose weight the same way whether you are ttc or not.

This.  

• I count my calories and watch my sugar intake with the app MyFitnessPal. The app is awesome!

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• I haven't ever been overweight, but I need to lose ten to be at my ideal. A couple of years ago I did weight watchers, and I started that again about a week ago, combined with doing a circuit similar to curves 3x per week, and jogging 2x per week, I lost 5 lbs this week. I usually put in 3 miles when I jog, (I'd like to say running, but I'm not sure that qualifies when I'm doing 11 minute miles.)

I don't see anything wrong with losing weight when ttc, as long as you are doing it in a healthy way, and once you get your BFP that you stop trying to lose...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageukcats27:
    I count my calories and watch my sugar intake with the app MyFitnessPal. The app is awesome!

I use the same app and love it. I also agree with pp as long as you aren't overdoing it and maintaining a healthy lifestyle there shouldn't be any issue with losing while ttc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"