3rd Trimester
Options

swollen feet & legs

Just wondering how you ladies who have had to deal with swelling, stay comfortable?

I know the best thing to help keep swelling to a minimum is to keep your feet elevated & stay hydrated, but lately I find that my hips are too uncomfortable to stay seated for too long (starting to spread getting ready for the big day) that and I find when I do get comfortable, within 5 minutes I gotta get up to pee again...

Any tips on how to stay comfortable maybe different positions to sit in or something where I can still keep them elevated?

thanks in advance ladies!

Re: swollen feet & legs

• Options
    Wearing supportive tennis shoes when I'm going to be on my feet a lot helps some. I put ice on my feet/ankles whenever I have them propped. It seems to make the swelling go down faster. As far as a comfy position to elevate your feet- I'm honestly not sure one exists! I usually end up sideways on the sofa with a few pillows behind me and a mountain of the in front of me for me feet. 
    BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
  • Options
    At this point I'm not comfortable no matter how I sit/stand/lay. I've just noticed the swelling the past couple of days and so far haven't found a great way to keep my feet up while chasing a 2 year old and working part time. Today at work someone told me to elevate my feet while I'm sleeping. Um, ok, I'll start out that way but I'm pretty sure by the time I've thrashed around trying to get comfortable the pillows will have been kicked across the room. The last month or so of pregnancy just isn't comfortable. Although, I don't remember it being wuite this bad the 1st time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies :)

first timer here, and I really appreciate it :) I might have to try ice packs for my ankles while elevated...I figured cause I hadnt had to deal with any swelling before that I might be lucky and not have any at all, but here lately, its gotten to where even my socks (the nice soft fuzzy ones that have the grips on the bottoms, from bath & body works) leave an indentation above my ankle.

Thanks again!

• Options
    I had tried EVERYTHING in the past few weeks, and my legs and feet were BAD. I bought compression knee high trouser  socks from the drugstore after asking my doc and voila, my feet feel so much better, look better, and swelling is minimal :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have Fibromyalgia so I'm generally always a little swollen but it got so bad in my hands and face and feet this past week they sent me to L&D to make sure I didn't have pre-ecclampsia...ofcourse everything was fine but the L&D nurse suggested I drink Water with Lemon and it has helped Tremendously!!!!! I started noticing a difference the first day and I haven't stopped putting lemon in my water since! It doesn't take much and its sooo worth it! I couldn't make a fist or touch my thumb to my ring finger before this and they're finally back down to my original swollen state! :P Hope that helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"