December 2011 Moms

Contractions bring...

headache and chest pains. I've been contracting for weeks now but nothing timeable or progressive obviously. Since last night however, some of my contractions also come with chest pain and headache for the minute or 2 the contraction lasts, then the pains subside with the contraction. I'm not a FTM but didn't experience this with #1. Am I alone with this one? I have an appointment in the morning so I'll as my OB, but have any of you experienced this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image imageFebruary Siggy Challenge: Neil Patrick Harris from Dougie Howserimage

Re: Contractions bring...

• You need to call your doc. Ive heard to go to the hospital ASAP if youre having a headache during contractions. I dont think that's typically a normal symptom. Not as sure about the chest pain, I know my contrax make me feel a bit out of breath even though Im not, but theyve never hurt. But Ive definitely heard headaches during labor= call your doctor now to make sure everything isok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Blog
    My BFP Chart

Prayers for my prayer partner MrsSonny24 who lost her sweet baby Easton much too soon. Rest in peace beautiful angel boy.
  • ITA with PP.  It could be your blood pressure spiking with the contractions.  My good friend had pre-e and toxemia and she had bad headaches with chest pain (she also had severe nausea and dizziness).  If something doesn't feel "right" I wouldn't wait around...better to be checked out for nothing then ignore a symptom and have it turn out to be serious!

•     
  • Thanks ladies, had my bp checked today and OB said that it could be compressed nerves during the contraction causing the pain especially since the paid goes away completely with the contraction. My surgery is scheduled for 8am Monday morning so we shall see how the next few days go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image imageFebruary Siggy Challenge: Neil Patrick Harris from Dougie Howserimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards