Preemies
Options

Introducing myself, I will be joining this board soon

Hi everyone!  My name is Britany, I have 1 DS who is almost 3-1/2 yrs old (induced at 39 wks due to PIH), I'm also PGAL, we had 2 miscarriages last year.  Now I am in the hospital at 33 wks with DS#2, my water broke Monday night/Tuesday morning with no contractions.   

Barring infection or any other problems, my doctor will induce next week at 34 weeks (maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, my ticker is off from my doctor's LMP dates).   I've already received 2 steroid shots and I'm on IV antibiotics until tomorrow then they will switch me to oral meds. 

Since 24 wks, LO has been measuring in the 90th percentile for growth (he has a 2-vessel cord so I have been monitored a lot with ultrasounds) as of the u/s Tuesday morning, they believe he is measuring at the weight of 35 weeks (around 5lbs 12 oz).  We are hoping and praying this helps him when he is on the outside.  

We are definitely shocked and surprised by all of this and of course scared and worried about LO and what will happen after delivery.  

So that's my story.  Big Smile

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image

Re: Introducing myself, I will be joining this board soon

• Options

Many T&P for you!

FWIW both of my preemies are doing well - one was a 26-weeker (now 3) the other was a 35-weeker (now 6 months) :-)

Hugs!

• Options
    Welcome and I hope your LO has an easy preemie journey. Come post here often, we are here to help and offer support. Also check out our new preemie blog-there is lots of good information for NICU moms and it might help you kill time on bedrest. The link is in my siggy or in the green box at the top of the preemie page.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome!  I hope that you have a safe delivery of your LO.  Keep us updated.  It sounds like he is a great size which I am sure will be an advantage as well as you getting the steriod shots in time.
  • Options
    Praying that you can keep LO in for as long as possible. Please keep us updated.

• Options

Welcome! It sounds like your LO is a good size, so that is a plus. Not to mention, he got those steroids so that makes a huge difference. I hope he has a nice short NICU stay and you have a safe, healthy delivery. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks everyone! 

It definitely helps to see all of your precious babies doing well!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options
    Welcome - i hope for a safe delivery and a quick and easy NICU stay for you and your family!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Wishing you a safe delivery. I had the steroid shots and it made a world of difference for my 32 weeker. He came out not needing ANY assistance. Rest up now! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelwmooney87:

Welcome! It sounds like your LO is a good size, so that is a plus. Not to mention, he got those steroids so that makes a huge difference. I hope he has a nice short NICU stay and you have a safe, healthy delivery. Good luck!

This!! Welcome, sounds like your LO has a great possibility of not needing much intensive care. Keep us posted. We're here to listen!

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"