July 2012 Moms
Options

Pregnant and starting a new job.

Wow that wasn`t hard, we just found out we are pregnant for the second time. 51/2 weeks. Seriously the first time we were pregnant right away and now again. It only took 1 month to concieve. But now I`m a bit worried, I got a job offer starting Jan 16th. I accepted it before I was pregnant. The crappy thing is, it`s a term position of 1 year so basically I will only be able to work it for 6 months out of that term. I haven`t signed for the the position yet and I would feel terrible getting things all set up without telling by new boss. I`m from Canada and we get 1 year off for maternity, I`m still on maternity from my first little guy. So 6 mos is enough to qualify for mat. leave again but I`m pretty sure they won`t want to hire someone for a term of 1 year for just 6 months. I would feel terrible starting work at almost 3 months pregnant then once started be like ``BTW I`m pregnant and due in July`` Ahh!! What to do?

Re: Pregnant and starting a new job.

• Options

I would say if you are not financially obliged to take the job, tell the boss and see what he says.  The truth is, he probably can't do anything, but giving him/her a heads up is a much more professional way of going about things. 

They still may want you to stay and give them a chance to find someone else for the later 6 months.

I think being honest and open is always best.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"