December 2011 Moms
Options

Laundry Question from one who's forcing nesting...

Sadly I haven't gone into the crazy nesting business yet (I wish).

I decided I HAD to get off my butt and get some of this stuff done in case nesting NEVER happens.

So...I'm starting to do laundry. I'm trying to go through things and only take tags off things I know I'm going to use. A few small outfits, 0-3 sleepers, blankets, bedding, etc... No problem!

My question is...how far do you go with this laundry business? I have all new products. Should I wash the car seat pad? Car seat cover? Cloth part of the Rock N Play?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Laundry Question from one who's forcing nesting...

• Options
    to be honest, I only washed clothes, blankets, burp cloths, sheets, and bassinet covers. I didn't remove any pads from the stroller or car seats. I didn't with DD 6 years ago either and she was technically fine. I guess if you're nervous about any of it you can, but I never thought about washing it simply because it came from the box. I think LO's clothes will be enough of a barrier.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageFebruary Siggy Challenge: Neil Patrick Harris from Dougie Howserimage
  • Options

imagemaiyamoore:
    to be honest, I only washed clothes, blankets, burp cloths, sheets, and bassinet covers. I didn't remove any pads from the stroller or car seats. I didn't with DD 6 years ago either and she was technically fine. I guess if you're nervous about any of it you can, but I never thought about washing it simply because it came from the box. I think LO's clothes will be enough of a barrier.

I don't think I'm nervous. I was worried I was being a bad mother by not doing it all. lol.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    nah, i've had to force myself this time around too. I just haven't had the energy to do it. My aunt came over a few weeks ago and washed for me and helped separate the newborn stuff from the 3-6 month stuff and hand-me-downs etc that I didn't want. Otherwise it would still be sitting there in the 3 trash bags they were delivered in...lol. Nesting doesn't hit everyone, and as far as I'm concerned, as long as I had a few onesies and some diapers, I was cool. Don't get me wrong I'm excited, just too tired and I think nesting just passed over me this go round. You're still a good mom, simply because you're even thinking about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageFebruary Siggy Challenge: Neil Patrick Harris from Dougie Howserimage
  • Options
    Like you i sort of had to force the "nesting". I went ahead and washed everything though--clothes, blankets, sheets, changing pad covers, bibs, burp cloths, cloth diapers, etc. I washed the car seat cover because it felt stiff and had that store smell. It was a pain to put back on but I'm much happier with the way it feels now. I did not wash the stroller stuff though as it feels fine to me. I doubt all of it NEEDED to be washed, but I'm happier this way and I doubt LO will care one way or he other lol.
    BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
  • Options
    I didn't wash any of the large items that were new this time.  If they were used with ds I did simply because they were in storage for 2+ years.  I washed the sheets, burp rags, clothes, things of that nature.
  • Options
    I just washed clothes, blankets, sheets, and face/burp cloths. Car seat liners etc I am not worrying about...mostly just anything baby will be in close contact with for a longer time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I didn't wash the car seat liner/cover either.  I listened to a random car seat safety podcast that said you really shouldn't do more that spot clean it as necessary.  Now, the lady who did the podcast was a little overboard IMO, but I just didn't do it simply because I don't find it important.  I washed the clothes, blankets, sheetsetc....  I did wash the RNP cover and bouncer seat cover.  Did not wash the swing cover.  FWIW, with her second, my sister didn't even wash all the clothes  and her baby is just fine.  Many will find that gross, I am sure....most of my family are not really uptight about these things.
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• Options
    I washed all of the clothes, sheets, burp rags, etc.  I did not wash the car seat, swing, and stroller stuff because I'm just too tired and I've heard it's not necessary.  :
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I washed all of our girls 0-3 months clothes, blankets, hats, mittens, bibs, socks, pack n play sheets,water proof sheets, crib sheets, stroller insert, and carseat insert. the only thing I did not wash was the swing cover, becuase I do not know how to take it off!! Hubby will have to do that! But I am a clean freak! I can't stand the "new" smell on things, so I have to wash them. And I guess being a FTM, I am more protective!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"