Stay at Home Moms

Last vent about my SIL I SWEAR!

So today she writes on her FB status about how she gives up on visiting people and trying to get people to visit her.  She doesn't like to travel because she can't afford it and that grandma has paid for all her trips in the past so she's not going to ask her any more and that it's hard to travel with two kids. So duh, I'm thinking this is about me and us not coming at christmas.  So I replied that that was why we don't visit more, because we have two kids as well ( younger and more ill-behaved than hers even!) and we can't afford it and that honestly, until a few months ago (when DH got his new job) we were having a hard time affording gas and groceries.  I have no time off my PT job, and DH has very few vacation days.  A bunch of other people replied also stating they were broke/ poor economy and they just can't afford to visit her.  Even my DH, who never pays attention to his sister's FB brought it up to me and said she was being ridiculous, and that if her husband didn't spend all his money on crap they'd have tons of money to spend on travel.....and after everyone goes into how broke they are, she starts in on how "broke" they are too and they can barely afford food (Such BS!!!!!) and cannot afford to go "ANYWHERE AT ALL"...THEN in the same post she goes in to say that she is coming to visit us and that she got my kids X, Y, and Z for Christmas.  Um, I thought you couldn't go anywhere at all and you can barely afford to eat?????  I swear, her friends are all either dolts like her, or they are way to nice to point out what an idiot she is.  Oh, and I responded in the post below that I don't buy my nieces and nephews anything because we have so many.  Guess I need to buy her kids something now??? Once everyone pointed out that they dont hate her, they just can't afford it, she goes on to say that she was just being emotional and that she's on her period (TMI for FB thanks!) 

Like I said, last vent.  I'm over it now :-P 

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder

Re: Last vent about my SIL I SWEAR!

• Good golly.  She really is a piece of work.  I'm so thankful that 3 of my 4 sil's are great.  The 4th used to be, then she got weird.  Oh well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageEveryNameIWantIsTaken:
    Good golly.  She really is a piece of work.  I'm so thankful that 3 of my 4 sil's are great.  The 4th used to be, then she got weird.  Oh well.

all SIL are a piece of work!! Except the oldest of mine is great and mature, unlike the 2 younger with their drug addictions & issues blllaaahh.  

I just deleted my FB last week because I'm tired of reading/seeing drama!! It would have been too obvious to just delete a few "clears throat"  family members (SILs to be specific..and MIL) ..now THEY are all asking "why" why".. mmphh! 

We are currently moving to CO from WA where we happened to live about 10 min from one SIL who never ever visited even after I would invite/try to get along etc (being friendly on my part because my H and I have the 1st grandchild on both sides), now that we are moving I couldn't be happier! They are way too much drama & headache for me to deal with.  I don't want her visiting us in CO, and during thanksgiving dinner, she was already INVITING HERSELF!! ggrrr not happening!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol @ "got weird" hehe

I swear there is rarely any FB drama but this seems to be one of the moments there is an exception!  And normally she is very nice, she is just a very clueless and naive person and that can really grate on my nerves at times (like now!)

Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • give the kids candy for christmas. lol
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Totally vent-worthy. So thankful that my SIL is super normal.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageEveryNameIWantIsTaken:
    Good golly.  She really is a piece of work.  I'm so thankful that 3 of my 4 sil's are great.  The 4th used to be, then she got weird.  Oh well.

Ditto this.  Except my 4th SIL just turned into a pain in the a**.  I take comfort in knowing that DH's other siblings (and FIL) feel the same way.

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my SIL sucks too.  Sad

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ....... her husband is buying s new phone today........

I wish I was making that up.  She is so lost.  I think it just bugs me that she claims she is poor when she is not.  You know who is poor?  Starving children in Africa who live in shacks.  It irritates me that she seems to be so unappreciative of everything she has in her life. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"