December 2011 Moms

For future reference does sex really work?

Not that I'm trying anything to induce labor yet, but for those who maybe have tried - has anyone had any luck with sex inducing labor? It's probably a little early to ask that but maybe you know people. I just haven't heard of that really helping unless your membranes have already been stripped...

Just want to know because sex hurts like a mother and I will NOT be participating if it's all an OWT!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For future reference does sex really work?

• At my 40 week appt, my MW told me that DH and I should be having sex DAILY. She said in all honesty, none of the other OWT's really work, but sex is proven to be effective and help stimulate things and make progress. So I would say yes!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My Dr. told me today that to help things along with labor, don't pee after having sex. Since semen has prostaglandins in it (that helps ripen the cervix) he said to try and let it stay in there for a couple hours.  It sounds really really gross...I'm sure it is.  I couldn't imagine laying in bed oozing for 2 hours....yeck.  But....doctors orders!
  • Loading the player...
  • The last 2 appts my mw has told me "...and frequent intercourse sweetie, I know it's uncomfortable but it will help." :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Success After Losses. I carry your <3, I carry it in my <3.</br>
  • The thought of having sex at this point in pregnancy sounds awful. Just too much going on down there to enjoy anything and I am afraid it may turn me off sex forever. :)
    Edited because I am an English teacher and that's what we do.
    Pregnancy Ticker 

BFP: 7/20/14  MMC: 8/29/14  D&C: 8/31
    BFP: 12/27/14 MMC: 1/26/15 D&C: 1/29
    Anniversary

• I have no clue but would love to know how to talk DH into sex if it does work. Ever since the doctor said LO is head down and low he's been avoiding sex.
  • I always get crazy contractions after...but he HAS TO release his sperm inside you.  In fact, I had my most painful contractions all of last night...though they always stop by morning...I just hope it is at least helping with dilation and effacing.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • imageHappily Overwhelmed:
    I have no clue but would love to know how to talk DH into sex if it does work. Ever since the doctor said LO is head down and low he's been avoiding sex.

Mine too!!!!! 

• I dunno. I had sex tonight and gave been having some pretty intense contractions since, only time will tell
  • Huh I seem to be a minority here.. don't seem to get any contractions after. In fact things seem MORE calm the day after DH and I "do the deed" than if we don't! And I only have a week left.... 

• I haven't had my baby yet, but DH and I haven't done it much and the one night we both had fun (I am not interested in actual intercourse) and we both had orgasms, I had my only set of timeable contractions for about 12 hours the following day. I can only think it helped things move along. I have heard the sperm helps efface and that the woman having an orgasm can help contractions progress. Now that I think about it, I think I am going to go and see if DH is still awake...

Sep14 February Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Movie - A Knight's Tale

Happily welcomed healthy baby girl December 2011.

Excited to welcome a new addition September 2014!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Uggg..........I suppose I should consider this then....but really, it just seems too uncomfortable.  lol.  I may be happy just to wait for LO to come on his/her own terms.  GL though!  I sure wish it was more enjoyable, then I would be all over it!
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• DH and I are still wondering if that's why LO made his early appearance!  I was 37 weeks 1 day, he is very healthy and weighed 8 pounds at birth.  Great sex though even had good dinner that day too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage

• I'm believing they're all Old Wives Tales! DH and I have done so several times and nada...it usually calms the contractions rather than intensifies. They also say 2 'O's' in a row will onset labor...tried it & NADA!

I have to say its a lot easier to do the deed now than it was before DS dropped. For the one who posted about DH avoiding doing the deed bc of the drop, there's no harm to baby the shape of the canal wont allow for him to go near baby's head, its at a different angle that he wouldn't be able to bend his way to.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My OB told me that sex can spark labor because sperm softens the cervix plus having a orgasm can spark contractions. All I know it tonight we are getting it on, I'm hoping Liam will make his debut this weekend and so is my OB!
    Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"