Baby Names

what do you think of my names?

Bryden Scott ----BOY

OR

Braylin Sage -----GIRL

Re: what do you think of my names?

• Warning:  You aren't going to get a good response about those names here.
  • Do you read this board often? Because you may not be getting very positive opinions on your names, as they are not generally the type of names most people on here gravitate to. 

I actually really like your middle names, but your first names are just terrible. They sound made up, unisex, and that "y" thrown in there is so ugly to me. You may be going for unique, but they are unique in the wrong way. I'm sorry. What about Brendan Scott for a boy? or Bryn Sage or Briar Sage for a girl? I think you'll come up with something WAY better if you think on it a bit. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • How do you pronounce Bryden? 
  • I like the middle names. The first names... sound made up to me. Any others on your list that you are considering?
  • I like Scott and Sage.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Middle names are nice, first names are terrible, IMO.  Braylin is not feminine at all and reminds me of "Bailin' hay" and Bryden is not very masculine and sounds like someone with a speech impediment trying to say Bryan.  They are both very made-up sounding and will not translate well into adulthood.
  • Wow, every one is so nice on here. Probably was a mistake, sorry I asked.

• imageRedCardinal:
    I like Scott and Sage.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

• imageBrittanyetaylor11:

Wow, every one is so nice on here. Probably was a mistake, sorry I asked.

I dont think anyone is trying to be mean but, you did ask what people thought of your names.... If you didnt want answers you should not of asked. Good Luck.

I've gotten negative feedback on this board also, but the way I see it is that it's better to hear people's honest opinions now than after the baby has been named and has to go through life with that name. If you love your names, use them, but in my opinion it's good to know in advance how the names are perceived by others.  

The women on this board are also really good at making suggestions, so maybe you'll be surprised and find a new name you love.  

When you ask for the opinions of others, you have to be open to the fact that you may not hear what you want to hear.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im affraid to say what else I was thinking. But I guess I'll go out on a limb here. I have heard Britton as a baby name but I am not sure if that would be for a boy or for a girl. My fiancee's name is Brandon and my name is Brittany

From what I have read, everyone was being nice.  Nearly everyone said they liked the MNs and gave you good names along the same feel (w/o being made up).  I think what you are really seeking is validation for made up names, which you might get on your BMB.

I will give the obligatory NMS for both of your names, but that tells you nothing about anything other than they are just not my style.  When what I would really be wanting to say is Please don't name your child either of those names, they are horrible.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

Im affraid to say what else I was thinking. But I guess I'll go out on a limb here. I have heard Britton as a baby name but I am not sure if that would be for a boy or for a girl. My fiancee's name is Brandon and my name is Brittany

Don't be afraid to post, but you have to expect both positive or negative feedback when you ask a group of people their opinion.

One of my male students was named Britain and I liked it, I think it's a better choice than Bryden and ages much better.

ETA: and Britain Scott sounds nice together.

Im affraid to say what else I was thinking. But I guess I'll go out on a limb here. I have heard Britton as a baby name but I am not sure if that would be for a boy or for a girl. My fiancee's name is Brandon and my name is Brittany

I'm not a fan of any of your FNs so far...and I don't think I'd go with Britton if my name was Brittany, but that's just me.

What about Brighton?  There's a bumpie with a son named Brighton who is just adorable.

Britton to me sounds feminine. What about the names....

Brady

Brodie/Brody

Bryce

Brayden

Brenden

For girls maybe...

Brooklyn

Bridget

Brielle

It seems that you are trying to find names that are close to your fiance's and your name right? Not sure any of these are your style but this board can come up with some great suggestions if you ask. Good luck!

• imageCarolynDouglas2012:

imageBrittanyetaylor11:

Brady

Brodie/Brody

Bryce

Brayden

Brenden

For girls maybe...

Brooklyn

Bridget

Brielle

It seems that you are trying to find names that are close to your fiance's and your name right? Not sure any of these are your style but this board can come up with some great suggestions if you ask. Good luck!

Yes we are trying to keep the B names going. I really like Brielle...but how would you pronounce that?

• imageHannahO28:
    NMSBIMOTS

Sorry I'm new to all this...I dont understand the lingo on here

imageCarolynDouglas2012:

imageBrittanyetaylor11:

Brady

Brodie/Brody

Bryce

Brayden

Brenden

For girls maybe...

Brooklyn

Bridget

Brielle

Yes we are trying to keep the B names going. I really like Brielle...but how would you pronounce that?

(Bri-elle) call her Bri for short. I LOVE that name :-)

• My best advice to you is to post another thread and ask people to suggest B names for both boys and girls. It seems like you may be looking for a name that is a little less common so tell them that. You will be surprised with all the names they will come up with. 
  • I like Scott. It's a name I would consider using. I like Bryden and Braylin but yet it's NMS. That being said, it really shouldn't matter too much what anyone here says. If you like the names then forget everyone else and all the comments, good or bad, and go with what you like.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• They are nms.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageWashingtonQueen:

imageRedCardinal:
    I like Scott and Sage.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

This.  

• I knew a girl named Britton and I loved it. She went by Britt. 

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• Scott is nice.

The others?  No and Tongue Tied

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Britton is NMS but definitely an improvement.

How about

Barnaby

Bartholomew (Bart)

Blake

Barrett

Bennett

Benjamin

Bella

Blair

Bonnie

Bronwen

Brynn

• imageHannahO28:
    NMSBIMOTS

FTW 

• I dislike your first names, and agree with others that they sound made up and will not age well. I'm also not a fan of matchy family sets, but if that's what you want to do, how about:

Bianca Sage

Byron Scott

I agree with most everyone else... your original first name choices aren't that great. But Scott and Sage are nice middle names.

That said, I like Britton Scott. I knew a pretty hot Britton in college, so that's a good association for me... I don't think it sounds feminine at all. And I like that it's an actual name that incorporates your and your fiancee's names.

Brielle isn't my style, but it's not so bad. I think you should make another post looking for B names... I think you'll definitely find something great!

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"