Trying to Get Pregnant

can't we all just get along?

Hello. This is my first post (please spare me your sarcastic "thats obvious" or "click this" if your some type of gold star member)

I am TTC our second child, and wanted to meet other girls trying to do the same.  I was very supprised to find bitter, nasty, Griench like women. Is this not an open forum??? Instead of lifting eachother up, many girls get caty and bitter every time someone gets BFP. I never knew internet bullying existed until now. I know that there are some great women out there who want to lend advice and SUPPORT to eachother. I hope to find them. (if they have not been terrifed to come back due to the "flaming")

P.S. if someone asks a question that you think is silly, how hard is it to click next post?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: can't we all just get along?

• imagespunkyBEAN:

Hello. This is my first post (please spare me your sarcastic "thats obvious" or "click this" if your some type of gold star member)

I am TTC our second child, and wanted to meet other girls trying to do the same.  I was very supprised to find bitter, nasty, Griench like women. Is this not an open forum??? Instead of lifting eachother up, many girls get caty and bitter every time someone gets BFP. I never knew internet bullying existed until now. I know that there are some great women out there who want to lend advice and SUPPORT to eachother. I hope to find them. (if they have not been terrifed to come back due to the "flaming")

P.S. if someone asks a question that you think is silly, how hard is it to click next post?

What's a Griench and who's caty?

BabyFruit Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart BFP-11/10/11 ectopic. Methotrexate on 12/1/11. BFP #2-08/17/2012 FX for a ute-baby! 15DPO beta-387 HCG; 36 progesterone Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Welcome!  We are happy you are here.  It is a supportive place, there are just a few guidelines they want you to play along with.  If you have lurked a bit they are actually easy to pick up.  Good luck in your TTC journey!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Loading the player...

• absolutely agree. im new on here to and ive already gotten some smart comments. oh well. i just let it slide and keep looking around because i am finding great information on here.
  • Really?  Reaaaaaaally?  You never knew internet bullying existed until now?  I guess that's not that hard to believe.  It's definitely not a topic they ever talk about in the news or anything. 

• Wait- you never knew internet bullying existed until you came to this board?

Interesting. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • imagemisstrish521:

Oh Trish -- I <3 you. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Much love to all of my magical ladies.

• I'm not gold so I guess I'm allowed to post this www.babygaga.com

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• imagetinkitty:
    imagespunkyBEAN:

What's a Griench and who's caty?

This.

• imagethekikimonster:

I am going to make a drinking game out of whiny posts.

I like your thinking. 

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• imagemepclu:
    imagemisstrish521:

Oh Trish -- I <3 you. 

What? She said she was looking for support, right? Wink 

• imagespunkyBEAN:

I never knew internet bullying existed until now. 

Have you bee living underneath a rock?

But in all seriousness, the women on this board do not bully. They are snarky and opinionated, but they don't bully people. If you don't like honesty and some snark this is not the place for you. 

Me (26) Him (27)
    Dx PCOS November 2010
    21 cycles TTC
    HSG April 2015 - all clear!
    May 2015 - 5 mg Femara cycle days 3-7 BFN
    June 2015 - 7.5 mg Femara cycle days 3-7 BFN
  • Sleep

You newbs and your "can't we all just get along" posts are boring me. FFS, at least sing me a verse of Kumbaya to keep me entertained. Sh!t's not going to change around here. Get over it or find a different forum.

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • I don't agree that we b!tch about BFP posts... hmm maybe I missed this...
  • imagebostonbluejay:

Really?  Reaaaaaaally?  You never knew internet bullying existed until now?  I guess that's not that hard to believe.  It's definitely not a topic they ever talk about in the news or anything. 

I was thinking the same thing.

And I agree with GM. I've gotten great support from the women you deem "bitter"

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagecanthardlywait426:
    imagebostonbluejay:

Really?  Reaaaaaaally?  You never knew internet bullying existed until now?  I guess that's not that hard to believe.  It's definitely not a topic they ever talk about in the news or anything. 

I was thinking the same thing.

And I agree with GM. I've gotten great support from the women you deem "bitter"

I don't think that straight forward (i.e. no beating around the bush)= bitter. 

• imageukcats27:
    imagethekikimonster:

I like your thinking. 

I'm in! CD1 is a beotch. Wine it is...
  • If I had a dime for every time someone posted something like this I could pay for IVF!
  • imagespunkyBEAN:

Op- I am not trying to pick on you, but this drives me nuts. The "how hard is it to ignore it " thing......how hard is it to not post it?! Im just sayin'

• Confused

Honest, Blunt, Straight-Forward =/= Bitter

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagethekikimonster:

Sooo..SHOTS till it's pink? :)
    PCOS 
    Off bcp March 2011 
    Aug 2011-Feb 2012 tried to regulate cycles w/ Metformin -- no luck 
    April 2012: Clomid (50mg) + Injects + TI = BFN
    May 2012: Clomid (100mg) + Injects + TI = BFP on 6/8/12   

Lilypie - (74ba)
  • Good Lord. Do you think you're the first to post these little pearls of "wisdom"? Sh*t man...if you don't like it, move along.
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • You're right, oh wise one. Thank goodness you posted this. Now we should all go kneel on pencils in the corner and think about our behavior. Who knew it would only take your opinion to change the whole posting style of the board. You're magical. 
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagethekikimonster:
    imagebostonbluejay:

Really?  Reaaaaaaally?  

I keep hearing Kermit from the SNL weekend update.

Yes Loved that weekend update skit.

• yeah! im so glad I found someone with some class Confused
  • imagespunkyBEAN:
    yeah! im so glad I found someone with some class Confused

Try the quote button, bottom right each post, I'd like to know who you think is classy 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagespunkyBEAN:

Huh? 

• imagespunkyBEAN:

Im going to take a wild stab in the dark that calling the women of the TTGP board class-less, and rolling your eyes at them isn't going to be the warm welcome you wanted. 

ETA: By lurking I've noticed, snark that is appreciated comes with time, and posts. I.e. not your second post. 

• imagethekikimonster:

You are going to get so trashed!!! 

• imagespunkyBEAN:

The door is open for you to leave since clearly this is not the place for you.

Hope about introducing yourself then being so fvcking critical about people you don't even know. 

party-fails-crunk-critters-catnips-a-hell-of-a-drug GBCB- Leaving the bump in protest of the new changes. No privacy= no bump for me.
  • they like to make others feel stupid for the same thoughts we all had when first TTC. How is that supportive? But, im glad they were able to help you.

• imagespunkyBEAN:

they like to make others feel stupid for the same thoughts we all had when first TTC. How is that supportive? But, im glad they were able to help you.

I tried to be supportive. That's what you wanted right? 

• imagespunkyBEAN:

they like to make others feel stupid for the same thoughts we all had when first TTC. How is that supportive? But, im glad they were able to help you.

Who are you talking to?  And what are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure I knew it was pointless to ask people on the internet if I was KU loooong before I came here.

• imageWordsmith226:

do you kiss your family with that mouth?

• imagespunkyBEAN:

imageWordsmith226:

do you kiss your family with that mouth?

Why wouldn't she?  She posted a picture.  She didn't say the words.

• imageKdgTeacher:
    imagespunkyBEAN:

Who are you talking to?  And what are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure I knew it was pointless to ask people on the internet if I was KU loooong before I came here.

This. X 2

• imagespunkyBEAN:

Your going to have to point to the post where someone asked a legit question and was made to feel stupid. It's extremely rare for anyone to snark a real question.

• imagemrmrssauers:

imagespunkyBEAN:

Im going to take a wild stab in the dark that calling the women of the TTGP board class-less, and rolling your eyes at them isn't going to be the warm welcome you wanted. 

ETA: By lurking I've noticed, snark that is appreciated comes with time, and posts. I.e. not your second post. 

Ok, so I have to let them make fun of me before I can make a very real observational post?

• imagespunkyBEAN:

I feel the same way. I guess just ignore it. I learned the hard way on one of my first posts.  I've been learning alot from some of these ladies, some good and some bad.  Goodluck with everything.  :)

• imagespunkyBEAN:
    imagemrmrssauers:

imagespunkyBEAN:

Ok, so I have to let them make fun of me before I can make a very real observational post?

No, but not being whiney helps...

FTR, this isn't a "coversational post" this is a "ZOMG you all are big meanie weenie heads.  STOP BEING SO MEEEAAAAN"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"