Trouble TTC
Options

Talk to me about cysts.

As far as I know I've never had a cyst, even though I have PCOS. All day today I've been having pain around where my left ovary is (I think). It's been off and on ranging from a dull ache early in the day to a sharper pain now. At one point it fell kind of like a tugging sensation, sorry I can't explain that any better. Does this sound like a cyst? If not, what do they generally feel like? (Just so I know for future reference.) Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Talk to me about cysts.

• Options
    Mine always felt like dull AF cramps.  Hard to describe.  Regardless, I hope it's not a cyst!

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• Options

imageukcats27:
    Mine always felt like dull AF cramps.  Hard to describe.  Regardless, I hope it's not a cyst!

I really hope that's not what it is. I'm trying to decide if/when I should call my doctor. Ugh. The irrational "I want a baby now" side of my brain is going "zomg what if it's O pain?!?!" because of the little bit of EWCM I had yesterday. Stupid IF. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get that type of pain around O-time.  I was so convinced once that it was a cyst, but my ultrasound tech and RE confirmed that I just had some rockstar follies that cycle.  Wish they had panned out!
    TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
    1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
    Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I also have PCOS without the cysts.  However, I had a large mandarin orange size cyst a couple months ago and it was a dull pain that turned sharp every once in a while.  Since it was on my lower right side, I went to my RE to confirm it was a cyst vs appendicitis.  We didn't do anything about it since we are on a break until January (next month!!!).  You can take some Advil or Aleve for the pain.

If it suddenly becomes extremely painful, please go to the urgent care or ER because a large cyst can cause your ovary to twist and will cut off the blood flow.

• Options
    My cysts have been a dull pain over my ovaries and depending on how large the cyst was it would hurt to sit (felt pressure in the area) or even walk. Hopefully you do not have a cyst. But even if you do, they go away on their own within a cycle or two.
    Photobucket TTC since 1999. Unexplained Infertility. IUI#1 Oct. 12/11 - BFN IUI#2 - Nov 8 - Failed
    IUI#3 - Jan 6 IVF#1 -5/18 - stims start (225 gonal f, 75 menopur, 5 lupron) ER 5/29 - 14R, 11M, 7F. 6/1 - Transferred 2 8cell embryos (grade 1 and 2). 8dp3dt +HPT, Beta#1 - 92, Beta #2 - 174, Beta#3 - 614, Beta#4 - 2010. 6wk u/s - TWINS! Baby A 114bpm, Baby B 112 bpm Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you had EWCM yesterday it could be O'ing pains. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"