1st Trimester

Has anyone had "texture" aversions?

There aren't many tastes right now that bother me, but the textures or consistency of some foods, is just to much for me to handle sometimes.  I do normally have texture issues.  I dissect my boneless wings very well before eating to make sure I don't bite into any pieces of gristle, which completely ruins the rest of my meal, and thats even when I'm not pregnant.  But it's gotten worse these past couple of weeks.  I through out a whole cup of apple sauce today because the consistency of it was mushier then my last cup and it gagged me.  I know, kind of rediculous, and I'm sure a lot of it is in my head, but I'm having a hard time just turning it off and not thinking about it.  Anyone been dealing with anything similar?
DSC_0011MOD
Married since June 2010
TTC #1 since 04/2011
3 abnormal PAPs and 2 colpo/biopsy since 09/2009
LEEP 05/2011
ASCUS PAP 08/2011 which means no PAP for 6 months!! YAY!!
BFP 11/6/11!! EDD: 7/15/12
1st u/s 11/21/11: TWINS!
16 wks 1/30/12: BOY and GIRL!
Schedualed c-section for 7/2/12 38wks 1day
Went into labor 6/25/12 37wks 1day. Delivered two healthy babies
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image

Re: Has anyone had "texture" aversions?

• I cannot do mushy veggies..
  • I can't really eat any meat because of the texture. I still love the taste (except for sausage), but the texture totally skeeves me out.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageallisonmarie22:
    I can't really eat any meat because of the texture. I still love the taste (except for sausage), but the texture totally skeeves me out.

My poor husband has been picking out all of the chicken in my chicken noodle soup because it makes me gag lol. 

DSC_0011MOD
    Married since June 2010
    TTC #1 since 04/2011
    3 abnormal PAPs and 2 colpo/biopsy since 09/2009
    LEEP 05/2011
    ASCUS PAP 08/2011 which means no PAP for 6 months!! YAY!!
    BFP 11/6/11!! EDD: 7/15/12
    1st u/s 11/21/11: TWINS!
    16 wks 1/30/12: BOY and GIRL!
    Schedualed c-section for 7/2/12 38wks 1day
    Went into labor 6/25/12 37wks 1day. Delivered two healthy babies
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • imagemyheromyworld89:

imageallisonmarie22:
    I can't really eat any meat because of the texture. I still love the taste (except for sausage), but the texture totally skeeves me out.

My poor husband has been picking out all of the chicken in my chicken noodle soup because it makes me gag lol. 

Awww! Sounds like something sweet my husband would do. I'm more amazed every day by how much he loves me. Bless his heart, I'm so high maintenance since I got pregnant!

About the texture thing, I've heard a lot of people say it eases up during 2nd trimester. I hope they're right!!

• imagemyheromyworld89:

That's so sweet! My hubby has been doing something similar eating my leftovers.

As for myself, I can't handle oatmeal texture. Which is really sad cause oatmeal was my go to breakfast...now I'm trying to find a new breakfast that keeps me full (other than eggs or cereal).

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesassafras007:
    I cannot do mushy veggies..

I'm the exact opposite.  I can't eat veggies like brocolli unless it's soft and full of sauce or cheese. Most veggies still disgust me unless they are soft which is opposite of what I felt pre pg. 

**lurking from 2nd tri 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Ground meat is grossing me out right now.  I can't even think about eating a hamburger.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tried Greek yogurt yesterday, and the texture completely grossed me out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Threw out a whole apple (i ate one the day before) because the texture in my mouth almost made me vomit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"