Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

DD flat out refusing to sleep at bedtime

I am completely confused by her refusal of sleep lately.

For the past several weeks, DD has been great going down to bed.  I have a routine of nursing, changing diaper and into sleep clothes, read a book (which I've now memorized so I just recite it to her while rocking with the paci), set her down awake but drowsy and she would fall asleep on her own after I left the room.  Slept from 8pm to 3 or 4 am, feed, then back down til 8am or so.

Now when I put her down, she cries bloody murder.  I've tried burping, changing diaper, etc etc and it seems like what she wants is for mommy to rock her to sleep.  WHAT is going on?  Is this the 4MW?  I'm not that familiar with it and just heard about it...regardless, what do I do??  I thought I already had a good sleep routine down.

She recently started rolling over and that was when the first awful night occurred (up every 2 hours). Could that be it?

At 3.5 months, she may be too young for any CIO method.  What else can I do?  Or do I just have to sort of get through it, keep doing my routine and pray that she goes back to being the wonderful sleeper she was?  I realize I was incredibly lucky before, and I'm fine with getting up with her.  I guess I'm just puzzled by this sudden change and I feel like I'm doing something wrong. 

Re: DD flat out refusing to sleep at bedtime

• Options
    I am going through the exact same thing. My LO is also 3 1/2 months old so CIO is not an option for me at this point either. I am anxious to see responses.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Same here, I have a feeling it's the 4MW. My LO was sleeping great up until 3.5 months last Wednesday and she started getting up every couple of hours looking for her paci. We have started sleep training at this point since I know she is not needing to be fed or changed. Hopefully this passes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO started doing the exact same thing a few weeks ago.  No end in sight yet.  She's also only napping a few times a day for 20 minutes each.  I just roll with it; there's not much else I can do!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I guess my LO is a little behind... He is 6mo and is doing this... I DO NOT understand it! Mommy is gonna end up pulling out her hair! lol LO has never had any problems going to sleep until this last week. UGH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"