Preemies
Options

You women amaze me.

I'm almost 31 weeks and had to go into L&D today because I thought my water had broken. I was terrified that I might have to have my baby this soon. I read this board from time to time and the strength and perserverence of you ladies absolutely amazes me. I'm terrified of labor and being a FTM (although I am so excited) and I think that if you guys can find the hope and strength, I definitely need to suck it up. I send my positive thoughts & prayers to each and every one of you! 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: You women amaze me.

• Options

You would do the same if you were in our position.

Thanks!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Thank you.  And, trust me, it's a board that none of us ever wanted to belong to!  {heck, I didn't even know this board existed until the day I had my son!}

It's so scary when things don't go as planned in your pregnancy.  I'm glad your water didn't break, and hope you never have to join us officially here as a preemie parent.  I will say that what we went through when my son was born was the hardest part of my life so far, but that it made me a better person all around. 

When I saw what fighters those little preemies were (my son included), and what they can overcome, they gave me the strength to get through it.  And, we quickly realized that someone was always having a worse day than we were (i.e. - things could be worse.)  Even now, I keep that in mind when I'm feeling down.  We are really very, very blessed that my son is with us, and lucky at how well he is doing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're so sweet! 
  • Options
    You are sweet. I am the mom of a 31 weeker and I am glad that your water didn't break and that you are able to keep that baby cooking for a while longer...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

That's great your water didn't break. I can imagine that's really scary. I delivered by emergency classical c-section at 29 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia, so I never experienced that at all.

Enjoy this time and enjoy every day that you get to keep LO in because it's a blessing. :) I hope you never have to experience being a preemie parent. Like pp said, it was the absolute hardest thing I've ever been through but it does make you stronger. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We do it because we have too. You would also find the strength and hope too if put in our position which I hope doesn't happen.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"