August 2012 Moms

? about 1st u/s - opinions, please!

I talked with a RN at my ob practice today, and made the appointment for my first u/s. (They call that appointment "the viability check," which I hate the wording of. It makes me all worried and such.)  They scheduled me for Dec. 19, at which I'll be 6w2d.

Do you think that's too early? I'm concerned that we won't see a hb show up on the monitor, and I'll flip out. Would you try and reschedule for the 22nd or 23rd? (We have to be out of town on the 20th and 21st.)  Or would you just tell me to chill the f out already? 

Thanks!

Siggy Note: Drunk Ron Swanson is on a break while Amy Poehler takes over for a while, summing up my thoughts on all this birth control, prenatal testing, women's issues stuff in the news.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
dx: LPD & low progesterone 11/2011
BFP #1 August 23

Re: ? about 1st u/s - opinions, please!

• There's a good chance you'll see a h/b but don't be overly worried if you don't. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it were me... and I was concerned about the u/s worrying me because I felt it was "too soon", then I would reschedule for a date that would make me feel more at ease.  KWIM?

Curious though... Does your OB plan on having you come back for another u/s between 8-10 weeks?  Or possibly around 12 weeks for the NT scan? Or will this be the only u/s you have until the anatomy scan?  

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Loading the player...
  • I intentionally pushed mine to 6 weeks  5 days when I scheduled . The receptionist offered for me to come in on 6 wks 1 day or 2 day but I thought about my anxiety and decided to wait the extra couple of days.  I keep trying to remind myself that a couple of days will not change the outcome, but over analyzing is what I do best :)   

However,that being said I *think* you have a good chance of seeing the hb at 6wks 2 days. Especially since you charted and used a fertility monitor.

• imagebabyike:

If it were me... and I was concerned about the u/s worrying me because I felt it was "too soon", then I would reschedule for a date that would make me feel more at ease.  KWIM?

Curious though... Does your OB plan on having you come back for another u/s between 8-10 weeks?  Or possibly around 12 weeks for the NT scan? Or will this be the only u/s you have until the anatomy scan?  

yup, I'm coming back in for another u/s at just before 9 weeks (scheduled that today for Jan. 5). 

And thanks, all, for your thoughts!

Siggy Note: Drunk Ron Swanson is on a break while Amy Poehler takes over for a while, summing up my thoughts on all this birth control, prenatal testing, women's issues stuff in the news.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    dx: LPD & low progesterone 11/2011
    BFP #1 August 23
  • imagebwe1100:
    imagebabyike:

If it were me... and I was concerned about the u/s worrying me because I felt it was "too soon", then I would reschedule for a date that would make me feel more at ease.  KWIM?

yup, I'm coming back in for another u/s at just before 9 weeks (scheduled that today for Jan. 5). 

And thanks, all, for your thoughts!

Oh that's great that you get two so close together!  You'll be able to see a pretty big change in a fairly short amount of time too Smile   

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• I agree with pp about rescheduling. This way you know there's no gray area and you can save yourself hours of googling and stressing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby #2
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am more worried about blighted ovum or something like that than missing a hb for being too early (mine will be at 6w 1day-ish). Still, they were pretty clear to me that a hb was what they are looking for. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doctor said by Monday the 11th we should be able to see one.. so that's when we're doing ours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"