Breastfeeding
Options

How long does it take LO to finish a bottle?

I stated giving LO a bottle once a day to get her ready for a 24 period that I will be away from her this weekend.  Tonight it took over two hours for her to finish the 4oz bottle.  That includes alot of stopping since she needed to be burped or fell asleep.    I have been using the slow nipple so wondering if she is having a hard time since I know I have a really fast letdown.

Any suggestions to help speed up the bottle feeding?

Re: How long does it take LO to finish a bottle?

• Options
    How old is LO? They generally need about an oz per hour. www.kellymom.com has a calculator to figure out how much to give them in a bottle. You don't really want LO to suck down a bottle too fast, they can end up overfed and develop a bottle preference. You want bottle feedings to mimic breastfeeding so LO will go back to the breast easily. Two hours for a bottle feeding is quite a long time though. That's why I'd check out the calculator to see how many oz to give in a feeding. If your LO is still quite young, she may not need that much per bottle.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"