Baby Showers

registery and guests

How many items should be on the registry per guest?

Re: registery and guests

• Um, I'm pretty sure there's no guest to gift ratio.  The number of items guests buy you will depend on the cost of the items and what they're comfortable spending.  Just register for what you need and a little of what you want and be done with it.
  • Salespeople will tell you 4 gifts per invited guest or some dumb rule like that, but guess what?  They are salespeople.  It's their job to get people to buy crap they don't need. 

Register for what you need not useless crap just to fill some moronic ratio.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep - I agree with BallSox.
  • Ditto BallSox.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Thank you guys Big Smile

Haha, I don't know. Register for what you need- what is left over, you can buy yourselves with the completion discount and if guests run out of things to buy, you can either add more or they will just buy you clothing. 

• imageKikiCohen:
    Um, I'm pretty sure there's no guest to gift ratio.  The number of items guests buy you will depend on the cost of the items and what they're comfortable spending.  Just register for what you need and a little of what you want and be done with it.

This - make certain to have a wide range of prices for folks to choose from.  I would say variety in price of registry items trumps any sort of ratio...if there is some sort of ratio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"