TTC After a Loss
Options

Girls can be such Beaches.... (pregn ment. not mine)

I have a GF, in which we did everything before I met DH, we also worked together for a 2yrs.  (well I did everything with her and her husband) can we say 3rd wheel. Then my DH schedule didnt work out to where we could hang out alot.  Long story short she has had IF issues and did IVF which didnt work.  Then she became pregnant on thier own.  Yeah! Which was so exciting and I was so happy for her.  During this time I had my first 2 MC, but she doesnt know about the 3rd.

We really lost touch and she became that friend that I would continuosly text and try to call with nothing in return.  Every once in awhile she would say "we need to do lunch, call me!"  WTF you dont return my calls.

Forgot to mention she never called me to tell me she was pregnant.  Found out through a mutual friend. The mutual friend of ours told me she didnt want to tell me bc she didnt know how I would take it.  Really? I was so excited for her, it hurt more she didnt call me to tell me!

I was getting my feelings hurt so bad by her bc I love her so much. After seeing me being so hurt by her my DH said why dont you try not calling her and see if she will call you.  Well 6 months go by with nothing! 

About a month ago she sent a stupid FB message saying "we need to get together for lunch."  Why do people do this over FB.  It is called a damn cell phone.  So I told her my schedule is free, so you just let me know what is good for you!"  Heard nothing for her for a month.  Then a couple days ago she posts on my FB wall, her exact words:

"Our lunch plans got spoiled by my stupid broken foot, but you will have to come see me after the little one is born! I havent seen you in 9+ months!"

WTF are you kidding me? We never even had set plans. I wasnt even invited to a baby shower nor have I actually talked to her over the phone in almost a year now!

It was just like she took a knife and stabbed me right through the heart! Crying

I just dont get people!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Girls can be such Beaches.... (pregn ment. not mine)

• Options
    ugh. I have friends like that. I'm sorry hon.. ((huge hugs))
  • Options
    I'm sorry, here is one case where you actually wanted to hear about another pregnancy and she made it worse by not sharing.  There really has to be a happy medium.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options

ugh...it sucks to lose friends because they are insensitive.  I lost touch with a friend after my latest loss.  I think when people don't know what to say to you, they choose not to say anything, and that's worse than trying to say anything.  (((HUGS))) to you!

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options
    imageangielayne926:

ugh...it sucks to lose friends because they are insensitive.  I lost touch with a friend after my latest loss.  I think when people don't know what to say to you, they choose not to say anything, and that's worse than trying to say anything.  (((HUGS))) to you!

I completely agree!  I lost another friend after my first MC bc of exactly what you just said.  Really you just want your friends to be there the most for you!  It is so hurtful when they arent...

• Options
    ((hugs)) I am so sorry. I hate it when people that were once good friends end up turning out to be so crappy. If she can't be a good friend, then she doesn't deserve you in her life.
    "Even miracles take a little time" Our little pumpkin is here!! Dominick William arrived 2 weeks early on September 30, 2012! 8 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches. For you I've waited all these years.
  • Options
    ((hugs)) I have stopped talking to a few friends I've been friends with since I was younger since my losses.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    This woman does not deserve your love or your energy.  I am so sorry.  I have lost a very dear friend over my m/c, and I know it hurts.  ((hugs))

• Options
    Awww.. Thanks so much for all your kind words.  I knew you girls would understand where I was coming from. You all have made my heart feel so much better! 
  • Options

I totally have friends like that.  You sound a lot like me when it comes to my best girlfriend.  We've been friends since we were 5 and about 95% of the time, I feel like the friendship is VERY one sided.  The day I returned to work after having my m/c I get an e-mail from her going on and on and on about her family drama and asking my advice with not a question of how I was doing, etc.  I often times wonder why I've been friends with her all this time, but I'm too much of a pushover to say enough's enough to her.

However, if she and I went that long without talking and without her returning my calls like that (which she hardly ever does, but we do talk at least once a month), I'd be more than ready to cleanse myself of her and her over the top me, me, me BS drama.  As much as it hurts, maybe it's time you consider that.  *hugs*

BFP #1 9-15-11; EDD 5-28-12. US 6w2d, growth

BFP #2 12-6-11 and 12-7-11; EDD 8-17-12. US 6w6d measuring 5w6d. Misoprostol Assisted m/c 1-16-12 at 9w3d.

<a href="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/katharine25/?action=view

• Options

For your GF, I think sometimes when you are friends for so long it just becomes so natural for your relationship but is what works for you 2.  It does hurt when you do have that one call for the month and I bet you have all these things you want to tell her and then when you hang up the phone you realize you didnt get to tell her any of those things.  To be honest it gets exhausting being the "good friend" that always is initiating everything.

Once I got married and realized I starting my own family now and my Best true friend is my DH, I have cut out all my friend that I finally came to realize it was just a one sided relationship.  Which was easy becuase all I had to do was stop calling! haha Now I only have about 2 good GF's but thats ok. 

I have yet to reply to her message and I am with you, I am definitely going to cleanse her from my life. 

• Options

I'm sorry your friend is being so crappy! This is why I don't have any girlfriends anymore. It sucks.

Something similar happened to me, although it wasn't pregnancy or my m/c related. When I graduated high school I had surgery on my spine and I was hospitalized for an entire month. Not ONE of my "friends" came to see me or even called while I was in the hospital! It really hurt that my "best friend" didn't try to contact me at all. After that, I cut out all of the people with whom I had a one sided friendship with. And TBH, I'm much happier this way. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"