3rd Trimester
Options

Medela PISA- where'd you get your replacement parts kit?

I bought a new Medela PISA when we had our first child and now that our second is on the way I want to get the "tune up" kit with replacement parts/tubing, etc. The problem is, I can't seem to find it. I'm finding replacement bottle kits but not the "tune up" kit that I've seen mentioned on here previously. I know I can buy all the pieces separately but a kit would be easier. Can anyone direct me? I'll also post this on the BF board. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Medela PISA- where'd you get your replacement parts kit?

• Options
    My sister's friend was going to borrow my sis's pump so we tried to locate replacement tubing etc. at target, babies r us, and buy buy baby. I don't know if other stores have different policies, but each of those stores told us the same thing - you have to order the parts from Medela I guess via phone or internet. We didn't pursue it further b/c her friend needed the parts asap - so she just bought one of her own. GL!
  • Options

I'm doing what everyone says not to do and using my cousin's older PIS.  I ordered replacement tubing, bottles, breastshields and membranes from Amazon.com.  It was cheaper than BRU/The Lullabye shop.  Walmart had the replacement shields as well as the microwave cleaning kits. 

My justification is if there is risk for bacterial growth wouldn't that bacteria affect the original owner as well as a different owner? So Mom would have to buy a new pump for every kid!  I think its a scam to sell more units, personally.  I've looked at the system, once I replace all the parts the only part that could possibly be contaminated is the little circular disk/pump part.  I disassembled everything and cleaned it with alcohol (youtube video). 

Hope this helps. 
    Links:

https://www.amazon.com/Medela-Breast-Pump-Accessory-Set/dp/B00092A7E8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1322711982&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Tubing-Retail-Medela-Advanced/dp/B0033B9CZ2/ref=pd_bxgy_ba_img_b

https://www.amazon.com/Medela-87089-Valves-Membranes/dp/B0006Q561Q/ref=pd_bxgy_ba_img_b

Angel Baby -EDD 6/10/11 m/c at 9w2d on 11/7/10 Our Early Christmas Gift - A Beautiful Baby Girl Born December 18, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I got my replacement tubes direct from Medela, and I am glad I had to go through them directly, because they ended up sending me a set for free. They have excellent customer service, and I got the new tubing very quickly!!

ETA: You can buy just a pack of replacement membranes without the extra valves at BRU for a couple bucks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCalMum_Momma:

I got my replacement tubes direct from Medela, and I am glad I had to go through them directly, because they ended up sending me a set for free. They have excellent customer service, and I got the new tubing very quickly!!

ETA: You can buy just a pack of replacement membranes without the extra valves at BRU for a couple bucks.

This is exactly what I did.

Formerly **eco**4k posts down the sh*tter Chart
  • Options
    Having just ordered tubes - you can only get the tubing from Medela direct...  As for the rest of the kit, I bought that at Baby Depot (Burlington Coat Factory) since it was $5 less than any place else I had been to...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCalMum_Momma:

This, mine came in like 2 days!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our hospital uses Medela pumps that are compatable with the PISA and they will give you a kit when you deliver. 
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"