Eco-Friendly Family

Would you take this mattress?

It's about time to switch DD to a big girl bed.  My mom just informed me that they found a double mattress set in their storage unit.  They can't remember where it came from, but she said it looks to be in great shape.  I'm a little weary of putting DD on a mattress when we aren't sure where it's been, but at the same time it couldn't have come from anywhere too bad since it's in their storage.  It would save us a lot of money.  Plus, when she's fully PT'd, we can upgrade her to a nicer mattress.  Would you take it and just be sure to put a good mattress pad on it (like a naturepedic one)?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Would you take this mattress?

• Maybe?

I'd want to inspect the hell out of that unit for any mouse droppings. Mice love nesting in a mattress, as do a number of other small rodents. They are very sneaky, so it isn't always immediately obvious--they need a tear that's less than an inch long to get in there. I don't mean to say that your parents are not clean people, but even clean people can get mice in a storage unit, especially one that isn't checked frequently or that is shared with other people.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMamasaurus:

Maybe?

I'd want to inspect the hell out of that unit for any mouse droppings. Mice love nesting in a mattress, as do a number of other small rodents. They are very sneaky, so it isn't always immediately obvious--they need a tear that's less than an inch long to get in there. I don't mean to say that your parents are not clean people, but even clean people can get mice in a storage unit, especially one that isn't checked frequently or that is shared with other people.

That's one of the things I'm a bit leary of.  I will definitely inspect the heck out of it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It'd make me nervous. Even if it were from my mom or MIL. But if I saw the space where they kept it and it was clean and dry and such, and it seemed all right, sure. I'd be very conservative on the condition though. Mold is dangerous.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"