March 2012 Moms

FB, you make me appreciate my own level of intelligence sometimes..

A FB "friend" just posted this gem on her wall: "So I feel if you dont celebrate christmas or any other holiday similar then you shouldnt have a winter break from school he he he! This is american and we celebrate christmas so deal with it! "

And yes, she really did type "this is american".... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: FB, you make me appreciate my own level of intelligence sometimes..

• wtf.....
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• What a dummy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsHaque1009:
    wtf.....

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I...I don't even know... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oy vey!  I don't even have the brain power to respond to that kind of stupidity.  

As for the use of american... well that's just lazy.  Then again a girl I went to high school and worked with once pronounced Canadian as can-i-din.  What made it worse was she was reading the word on a label for something I had at lunch.  

Then again she also spelled storage as stroage.  I looked at our other coworkers and told them she was the exception and not the rule when it came to our school.

Edit: Left out part of my response due to my cat needing to find a comfy spot on my lap. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Wow, I don't know why it continues to amaze me that people post ridiculous things on FB. As a teacher, I try to use this time of year to instill an appreciation for diversity within my 3rd graders (a lot of them don't even realize that not everyone celebrates Christmas).  It makes me sad that people post such mindlessness on FB.Sad
    Mike'sBride8/08/09 So Blessed Image and video hosting by TinyPic FAMILYTICKER.COM Ticker
  • I wish Facebook had the ability to slap the ever-loving sh!t out of people when they misspell words, use improper grammar, don't make sense because they're posting from their phones, etc.

Same goes for some of The Bump posts I've read recently. Drives me nuts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageHalloweenWife:

I wish Facebook had the ability to slap the ever-loving sh!t out of people when they misspell words, use improper grammar, don't make sense because they're posting from their phones, etc.

Same goes for some of The Bump posts I've read recently. Drives me nuts.

Lol, a "slap" button right next to the "like" button. I love it! :) 

• I got this gem from a friend of mine.  Not misspelled but still makes me worry about the world I'm bringing my child into:

?"If people don't move, you push past them." This was advice I heard a mother give her child today on the bus. Not, "say excuse me," or "say pardon me." Just go straight for the aggressive attitude. Really, lady? Really??!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Indifferent <---really?!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good thing we celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah. Cause thats just down right un-merican 

ETA: It would be un-american (to your "friend" if we just celebrated Hanukkah)  

• imageBitsKD13:

I got this gem from a friend of mine.  Not misspelled but still makes me worry about the world I'm bringing my child into:

?"If people don't move, you push past them." This was advice I heard a mother give her child today on the bus. Not, "say excuse me," or "say pardon me." Just go straight for the aggressive attitude. Really, lady? Really??!! 

Wow. Lovely. 

• awesome....NOT! I did LOL though
  • Haha, wow! She sounds klassy
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • A slap button would indeed prove useful...

• One of my favorites was "If you don't celebrate CHRISTmas you cannot really understand what a wonderful month December is!" 

• I love the ones that tell me I shouldn't celebrate Christmas because I don't subscribe to a Christian church.

Cool.  So you incorporate another religion's holiday traditions and then tell me that I can't celebrate something my family always has.  I didn't know there were Christmas police.  I should ask this lady where to sign up.

image  image  image

• imageMrsMincks:

One of my favorites was "If you don't celebrate CHRISTmas you cannot really understand what a wonderful month December is!" 

WTH? Because you know, obviously, that if you don't believe in baby Jesus you can't really understand how great things truly are in December, heck screw that, in any month! ::eyeroll::

• imageSheenaNash1:
    imageMrsMincks:

One of my favorites was "If you don't celebrate CHRISTmas you cannot really understand what a wonderful month December is!" 

WTH? Because you know, obviously, that if you don't believe in baby Jesus you can't really understand how great things truly are in December, heck screw that, in any month! ::eyeroll::

Not like Chanukah happens in December. Or my birthday. Or New Year's Eve. Nope, Jesus is the ONLY reason for the season, otherwise we'd just gloss over it and skip straight to spring. 

(Obviously, I'm being snarky and mean no disrespect to the Christian ladies on here! I just think it was an incredibly unfair statement on that FB status.) 

• imageTeneniel:

I love the ones that tell me I shouldn't celebrate Christmas because I don't subscribe to a Christian church.

Cool.  So you incorporate another religion's holiday traditions and then tell me that I can't celebrate something my family always has.  I didn't know there were Christmas police.  I should ask this lady where to sign up.

This just reminded me of a lady who asked where the "Jewish churches" were in town because she wanted to teach her kids about Chanukah (which she pronounced like "China-kuh").  

• I would respond to her post with one word....Darwin....
  • I lived in Australia as an exchange student and was over there during their winter (june, july, august) and a friend from back home asked if that was when they celebrate Christmas. I didn't understand what she was asking me and had her clarify. She said "Christmas is a winter holiday so they probably celebrate their Christmas in July, thats where that saying comes from." Ummm, good try, but no, they celebrate Christmas on Christmas day.
  • LOL, I am not even sure how to respond to that Big Smile
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebetsy1486:
    I lived in Australia as an exchange student and was over there during their winter (june, july, august) and a friend from back home asked if that was when they celebrate Christmas. I didn't understand what she was asking me and had her clarify. She said "Christmas is a winter holiday so they probably celebrate their Christmas in July, thats where that saying comes from." Ummm, good try, but no, they celebrate Christmas on Christmas day.

This reminds me of a friend I had in HS who was from Australia. She told me that in her family, because Christmas Day was actually in their summertime, Santa wore a Hawaiian shirt and they had picnics on the beach with lots of watermelon and sand castles. So different, but so cool!

To the OP, how annoying!!!  Although, I have to say, DH and I had a similar sentiment when he was trying to get work off for Thanksgiving and a bunch of guys he works with who are recent immigrants wanted the day off instead. They didn't even celebrate Thanksgiving, they just knew it would be an easy day to take off if they wanted it. So in turn, people who DID want to celebrate it didn't get to be with their families on that day. I just think its about respecting other people's beliefs and whats important to them. I work in a largely Jewish industry and I would never fight someone for Yom Kippur off when it means nothing to me. 

Married: 10.28.2004 BFP 1: 2006, m/c 5 weeks BFP 2: 2008, m/c 10 weeks BFP 3: 2009, m/c 6 weeks BFP 4: July 15, 2011 Welcome Parker! Feb. 19, 2012 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"