3rd Trimester
Options

Contactions with u/s?

At my appointment last week I had an internal u/s and an external u/s, and at the end the Tech asked if I felt the contraction I had with the internal. I didn't notice anything really different, maybe a little tightening but nothing major or painful.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I have been kind of worrying about it sense. I'm hoping it's "normal" because I really don't want to go this early... Indifferent
Matthew & Lillian 1/23/2012 It's TWINS!!!!! 1rst IVF May 2011 ER 5/30/11 ET 6/2/11 2 transfered #1 6/10/11 211 #2 6/13/11 880!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Contactions with u/s?

• Options
    still getting internals huh? ug, I hated those. Had a couple contractions at my last internal, but they were checking to make sure my Cervix was still closed, due to some strong regular BH's.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    I'm seeing a perinatologist, so I've been having external and internal ultrasound every 4 weeks.  Internals are to measure the cervical length.  I have contractions because they have me come in with a full bladder, and they let me empty my bladder after external.  So pretty much every time.  I feel it, but it doesn't last long.  It's normal to have contractions some times, and my doctor told me it's important for your uterus to stay strong so it can expel your baby when the time comes.  Don't worry about it:)
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had contractions too with my internal u/s.  They lasted for a few hours after the u/s was done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"