February 2012 Moms

Frustrated (NBR)

A friend of mine is a quilter (a really good one) and I commissioned her to take Lily's crib bedding and make a quilt for her double bed...in AUGUST.

Originally she promised to have it done in the second week in October...at the end of October we moved, so I emailed her under the guise that I just wanted to give her my new address (she lives a few hours away and will be mailing me the quilt), but I really just wanted an update.  She got back to me and sort of apologized, but not really.  Whatever because she promised it would be done before Thanksgiving...well, I have been waiting and have heard NOTHING from her. 

I just emailed her again saying that I am considering giving Lily the quilt for Christmas and asked if it will be doable for her to get it to me before then.    I am hoping this will be the encouragement she needs because I really don't want to have to contact her again. 

I am feeling totally frustrated and akward at this point and totally would have called her on this a long time ago if we were not friends and colleagues (we met in grad school).    She does work full time and has two kids, however she told me she could handle the project and posts all the time on her blog about projects that she is completing.  I don't think at this point I am being unreasonable.  

I now know why they say don't mix business with friendship.  Ugh.  

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

Re: Frustrated (NBR)

• Ah, I understand your frustration. At the same time, quilting takes FOREVER. One of my co-workers offered to make a quilt for DS when I was pregnant with him in 2009.... She is still working on it and said that she hopes it will be ready in time for this baby to arrive. We originally thought we would put it in his room, but at this point it will just be a family keepsake for my children. She is in her 70's, works a manual labor position until 7 pm each day, and is also raising her grandson. Also, she's completing the entire project by hand. I am just so honored and thankful that she wants to do something so personal for my kids. I may be wrong, but I think quilting is just one of those hobbies that takes a long time to complete!
  • That sucks!  Hopefully this will light a fire under her rear to get her going so you can get the room done asap.  I'm too type a to let this stuff not bother me and being pregnant doesn't help that.  Have you paid her or how was that arrangement made?  Did she buy the fabric or you sent it?  Hopefully she emails you and says it's been shipped but it doesn't sound like you are very hopeful of that.  How quickly does she reply to emails?  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for letting me vent ladies.  I know they take a long time, but she did give herself a deadline- twice and it mostly irritates me because I have to contact her each time when she passes said deadlines.

I sent her most of the fabric, but she has bought a small bit to fill in the spaces.  I have not paid her- she said I could do it after she sends it to me.  

Hopefully she will get back to me soon...sometimes she is quick and sometimes it takes a couple of weeks.  

::sigh::  

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"