Preemies
Options

Questions for moms that had pre-e

DS was born at 27 weeks due to undetermined PTL so needless to say I am on the cautious side this time around with #2. Let me explain though that I am not a worrier. All the worrying in the world will only stress me out and not help to fix a thing, so cautious yes..a stressing out worry wort...no.

Okay, with that being said...My BP was 135/90 last wednesday and today I had them take it again and it was 121/88..The nurse practitioner didn't seem concerned but I am being told to take this more seriously then they are. WDYT? Typically, my BP is about 100-110/75 ish..

Also, I have been having a lot of trouble regulating my blood sugar. I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia when I was younger and I am having the same symptoms but worse then before. Cold sweats, dizzy, seeing spot ect..and I have to eat every two hours or I feel like I am going to pass out..Actually, Monday I did faint. I told the doctors about this and I was told "well, its probably hormones" WDYT about this too...

I am trying to be more proactive about this pregnancy then before and I seem to keep getting brushed off...

TIA

Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker

Re: Questions for moms that had pre-e

• Options

I'd buy a home blood pressure monitor and keep a record of my blood pressures.  I have one like this...

https://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=home+blood+pressure+monitor&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&oe=utf8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5762825151769353750&os=reviews

Are you being followed by an MFM doctor?  With two possible issues and a previous 27 weeker, I'd ask for consult at the least.

And if you have a gut feeling that your doctor isn't managing the pregnancy the way you feel is in your best interest, I'd change doctors.

I don't like that you feel like you are getting brushed off.

• Options
    imageOscarQ:

I'd buy a home blood pressure monitor and keep a record of my blood pressures.  I have one like this...

https://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=home+blood+pressure+monitor&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&oe=utf8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5762825151769353750&os=reviews

Are you being followed by an MFM doctor?  With two possible issues and a previous 27 weeker, I'd ask for consult at the least.

And if you have a gut feeling that your doctor isn't managing the pregnancy the way you feel is in your best interest, I'd change doctors.

I don't like that you feel like you are getting brushed off.

All of this! 

I had pre-e with my first baby, no signs yet with this baby, but I'm monitored very closely this time around. If your not happy with your doctor, I would change, also find a MFM doctor too. 

I also keep track of my blood pressure at home. I was checking daily, but I have stopped doing that. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both very much..I am going to have a talk with them and if i don't feel any better I am going to find another doctor
    Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I would eliminate salt from your diet....do not add it to any food and do not eat foods with high sodium. That's what I was doing with my 2nd pregnancy to hopefully prevent pre-e a 2nd time, and after I had my first pre-e scare in my 1st preg, I did that and it seemed to help reduce the symptoms and lower my bp....also I would drink a lot of water and whenever you are sitting prop your feet up. And I would ask about taking bp med if they are concerned. The best thing to do it to eat healthy, and take little walks if you can. I would also get a bp cuff to monitor your bps yourself. GL!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest blog: www.thesmoreslife.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"