Babies on the Brain

Nikon D3000 or Canon Rebel

Does anybody know which would be a better camera? Which is easier to use? I found the nikon for $449 and the canon for $479. Are those good prices? I decided after getting only one decent picture of the only one kid decorating the tree, I going to use my birthday money and get a camera. Any suggestions?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Nikon D3000 or Canon Rebel

• I'm not an expert on all the technical reasons why one is better than the other but I have a Canon now that I love but used Nikons in school and liked those too. I think those are both pretty good prices. Are you going to be ordering the camera or actually going somewhere that you can hold them and get a good feel for them? I think it is good to get your hands on them and get a feel for which one feels better to you.

But I'm not a pro, just took a few photo journalism classes in college and like to take pics of my dog now Big Smile

imageVisit The Nest! image
  • We have a Canon Powershot and I loveeeeee it.  It was like $150 and it takes better pics that my dad's $900 Olympus.  I wouldn't buy anything but a Canon.

• Loading the player...
  • do you have a camera store near you that rents out equipment?   You could try both out and see which you prefer.
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • imagestaycee:
    do you have a camera store near you that rents out equipment?   You could try both out and see which you prefer.
    It closed about a year ago. But I guess I should go to best buy or someplace and at least get a feel for each brand.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I shoot with a Canon Rebel.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a Nikon D300 and I love it, but I do not know the difference between the two. 
  • I have a Canon Rebel t2i and love it!
    Formerly **eco**4k posts down the sh*tter Chart
  • I'm a Nikon fan, mostly because I think their lenses far outclass the Canon lenses. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"