December 2011 Moms

My neighbor is going to be the death of me - bedrest related

OMG!  I think the thing I hate the most about living in a condo is my nosy neighbor across the hall.  She's an older single retired lady who lives alone and has to know the goings on of everyone in the building....

So she's noticed that my car has been here all day for the past 3 days, and wanted to check on me to make sure I was feeling ok.  Except when she does this, she gets the dogs all fired up, and then I have to deal with calming them down.  And then she insists on coming in (like lets herself in - she's done this a couple of times) and then complains when the dogs jump on her (even though they are already excited so obviously they are going to get jumpy if you don't give me the opportunity to calm them down/correct them before you insert yourself into their space).

Then she tells me "Oh, you really shouldn't be getting so excited with them..."

The last thing I'm going to do is tell her I've been put on bed rest.  She'll be over here constantly!  I just sent DH a text telling him he needs to move my car every day (and maybe occasionally take my car to work instead of his) because otherwise we might have a dead neighbor.

DH needs to have a serious conversation with her (because I'm too nice and he doesn't care about being blunt/jerky) about how she needs to treat the common hallway like a street, and you wouldn't just walk across the street and let yourself into someone else's house!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My neighbor is going to be the death of me - bedrest related

• Lock your doors and don't answer!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Seriously - every time I have to go in the hallway, I am praying under my breath that she won't open her door (she's notorious for investigating every little noise in the hallway).

When I don't answer, she just gets the dogs fired up through the door, so I have to deal with them either way, but I guess it's better than dealing with them AND her.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like my neighbor - but she's my age and she's got three of the most annoying kids ever.   At least the kids keep her from popping in.  But I hate leaving the house when she's outside - it always makes me late for whatever I was leaving to do!!!
  • I concur! Lock the doors. Put a note on the door saying "No Visitors Please".

I plan on doing it when I have my LO. I have a huge family that lives close enough to "stop in." AND since they dont seem to have boundaries I have to set them for my own sanity.

• OMG, who just walks into someone else's house like that??!  Other then super close friends/family!   Having DH move your car sounds like a great idea and ditto on locking the door!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagescooterq:

OMG, who just walks into someone else's house like that??!  Other then super close friends/family!   Having DH move your car sounds like a great idea and ditto on locking the door!

I should probably clarify, the door is always locked, but I opened it a crack because she would not stop knocking and yelling through the door at me (mind you, I was in the bathroom for the millionth time today while this was going on) - maybe if someone doesn't respond to your knocking the first 5 times you should go away???  Once it was opened a crack, she just pushed her way in....

Maybe I'll see if DH will install one of those chain locks instead of just the deadbolt...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My parents deal with a guy like this. He's a VERY snoopy old man and just has to "check out" everything. I mean, he's let himself into someones garage before and my mothers seen him walk into a house that was empty and wandering around in backyards. I told her I would call the cops if he was just wandering around my backyard like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I guess I'm lucky, I have a cat who hides with me and pretends to not be home when the Jehovah's witnesses come a knockin'!

That sounds horrible, if your husband is blunt and okay with it I would have him talk to her. It sucks to have to hide in your own house.

I would feel like she would know who the sign was directed at if you put one up saying 'No visitors please' and the person who is trying to be eternally polite in me would feel bad. But then again it's almost one of those moments where you have to be a little mean if they don't take a hint, just for your own sanity.

• Ugh yes..must deal with that! It'll be a nightmare when you're trying to get a newborn baby to nap!! Getting the dogs riled up juuuuuuuuust as the little one dozes off *rage*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"