November 2011 Moms

He is here PIP!

Gavin William was born on 11/28/2011 at 12:11 in the morning. 

My birth story starts with Saturday morning waking up to considerable amounts of bleeding.  I call the dr and tell her I am having contractions as well and she says come right in.  I went in expecting I would be maybe 3 or so and 80-90% so that I could get that show in the road.  Well that didn't work.  Dr checked me, watched the contractions and then sent me home saying that the L&D floor was full and I wasn't progressed far enough to stay there.  I go home ticked off because now I was stuck at home with contractions.  I put up Christmas stuff because thats what I needed to do anyway, and spend the evening relaxing with DH on the couch.  Cut to that night where I slept on the couch becuase the pain was keeping me up and I wanted DH to sleep. So I sleep, hang out and go to get out of the recliner that I moved to when the contractions worsen and realize I can't because of the horrific pain going down my tailbone.  I felt like I needed to take care of business but getting to the bathroom was excrutiating.  Finally I did and nothing helped.  I tried going back to bed, that didn't work. I tried going back to the couch or recliner or the seat at the kitchen table and it was horrible.  So DH gets up and asks how I am doing and looks at the look on my face and pretty much insists I call the dr.  So I call and they tell me to come in again.  Meanwhile, I don't want to go because of the mess from the day before.  DH makes me go and while we are there the conttractions get harder.  We sit, we relax and I try to breathe all the while sure that they are going to just send me home again.  Dr comes in, checks me and wants to make sure the baby isnt causing pain in my bottom area but checks my cervix first.  He declares well I know what is causing your pain.... a baby is sitting on your tailbone.  I was at 5 cm and 100% effaced.  The baby was sunny side up and was causing back labor. We were sent to a room where I thought I was going to die from the pain.  All I could think of was the epidural because when they asked me to move beds, I was sobbing.  The pressure on my tailbone was awful.  They gave me my epidural and it was smooth sailing until pushing when they realized they thought he had turned from sunny side up  to the correct way but he hadn't.  So therefore, pushing took forever and was painful even with my epidural.  So he arrived after the NICU checked him for problems due to meconium exposure and he peed on the nurses as his first act in the world.  DH and I are in love :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: He is here PIP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"