March 2012 Moms

Demi-panel woes

The last couple days I've been feeling really uncomfortable in my demi-panel pants. They were fine last week, but now they feel tight and LO is kicking at them all day. He likes to hang out down low, and now I'm wondering if I should only be wearing low-rise pants. Am I That Crazy Pregnant Lady for thinking the demi-panel might be bothering the baby or bad for him? Ugh I am running out of things to wear! 

Re: Demi-panel woes

• I can't wear one pair of my jeans now because of this. It's really uncomfortable for me and I would imagine him, too. It sucks because I really liked these and got them hemmed at a tailor. Oy. 
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can only wear full panel now.  I loved a pair of my demi's but they are so unbelievably uncomfortable right now.  Maybe once he gets bigger and a little higher I will be able to wear them again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think you're crazy, but I don't think the demi panel hurts the baby.. it is just annoying for mom! I bought 3 pairs of pants for work, 2 demi panel, 1 full. Well, I've been down to the 1 full panel since about week 16 'cause I can't keep the demis up and it's just way too annoying.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• I like my demi panel work pants, but I fold them down because they hit a weird spot and I am more comfortable with them lower.  I also recently got "true waist" maternity pants with adjustable sides that sit lower in the front but higher in the back from Old Navy.  I wore my first pair today and I like them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageKatieMarie27:
    I like my demi panel work pants, but I fold them down because they hit a weird spot and I am more comfortable with them lower.  I also recently got "true waist" maternity pants with adjustable sides that sit lower in the front but higher in the back from Old Navy.  I wore my first pair today and I like them.

Oh I might have to try those, thanks for the tip.

• Funny you post this because I am hating mine today!! I plan on going home and trying to do some sewing magic on them and turn them into full panel or low rise. I feel so lumpy in them!!
  • At my appointment yesterday my OB said that around this time (25 weeks) most babies like to hang out around the belly button area.  That maybe why you're feeling more kicks/movement near the band.  

As for me I've been in full panels since I switched to maternity jeans.  Since I am short waist-ed the demis seemed to hit me in a odd spot and I was worried about them falling down on me.     

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageBitsKD13:

At my appointment yesterday my OB said that around this time (25 weeks) most babies like to hang out around the belly button area.  That maybe why you're feeling more kicks/movement near the band.  

As for me I've been in full panels since I switched to maternity jeans.  Since I am short waist-ed the demis seemed to hit me in a odd spot and I was worried about them falling down on me.     

My munchkin actually hangs out mostly below my belly button, which is where the demi-panel hits me. I guess I just need to switch to full-panel or low-rise. It's just so annoying to have only worn these 2 pairs of pants for 2 months. Sad

• I've worn full panel from the get go, and although I thought I'd hate them I actually really like them. Sometimes they go a little saggy and I have to readjust, but for the most part they are super comfy and I never feel like things are too tight or anything. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Full panel has become much more comfortable.  Baby likes it really low and sometimes it hurts to sit in other pants!  I fold down the panel because I worry that the tightness might aggravate acid reflux. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"