Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Whatever happened to Just Peachy?

I don't remember the rest of her screen name. She had great stories. She started a FB page and blog and then I didn't see much. I know they had some problems after the hurricane flooded their basement or something...

I thought maybe she "aged out" of the 12-24 board but I didn't see anything on 24+ and don't remember her exact screen name. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Whatever happened to Just Peachy?

• I've been wondering the same thing! I want more Peachy stories!

Our first baby girl, Lucia Joy, joined us on April 1, 2010!
  • I remember her saying something about her DH wanting to move, but she didn't want to and it was causing some issues with their marriage. I think she was going to step away for awhile, if I remember correctly. Her DS always made me laugh in her siggy, he is such a little man!

Hope she's doing ok....

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That's too bad! I hope everything is going ok. I really liked her stories. I sent her some blogs that I read because her writing style reminded me of them. If all goes well I think she could really make a name for herself in the blog world! 
  • I was also wondering the same thing.

I saw a post from another bumpie who had a heart breaking story about some sort of mental problems and PPD and getting electic shock therapy. When reading her story it had a few referances to "just peachy" and I thought for a second the bumpies were one in the same and I was SO f'ing confused. In hinsight I think the one bumpie was just using the saying "life is just peachy" and had nothing to do with peachy...But I read the one post around the same time peachy went MIA.

• I've always used the saying "just peachy" without really giving it much thought--it was Just Peachy who actually defined the term on her FB page and I was like "oooohhh so that's why people say that!"

From the FB page:

When eaten, some kinds of peaches produce a natural high by interfering with the lipotin receptors in the brain. Since these kinds of peaches were not outlawed until the 1940's, they were commonly sold as a drug. When high off of them, people would often say that they were feeling "Peachy". 

• imagepandaluvr:

I've always used the saying "just peachy" without really giving it much thought--it was Just Peachy who actually defined the term on her FB page and I was like "oooohhh so that's why people say that!"

From the FB page:

When eaten, some kinds of peaches produce a natural high by interfering with the lipotin receptors in the brain. Since these kinds of peaches were not outlawed until the 1940's, they were commonly sold as a drug. When high off of them, people would often say that they were feeling "Peachy". 

you left out the most important part. What kinds of peaches were they! :)

• imagechapski:
    imagepandaluvr:

I've always used the saying "just peachy" without really giving it much thought--it was Just Peachy who actually defined the term on her FB page and I was like "oooohhh so that's why people say that!"

From the FB page:

you left out the most important part. What kinds of peaches were they! :)

I don't know! She copied it from wiki answers and they just say "some" I guess we'll never know because they're contraband--evil druggy peaches! :)

Here's the source:

https://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_origin_of_the_phrase_%27Just_peachy%27#ixzz1Vt5oft00 

• The last I remember she was telling the Disneymoon story and never told the second half.  I was left hanging!  I have been wondering about her too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMandJS:
    She's fine. She has been super busy, and yes, had some damage from hurricanes, and she just got back from a trip to the middle of nowhere.  I'm FB friends with her, and will make sure she knows that she is missed. Smile

that damn hillbilly husband of hers! ;)

• imageMandJS:
    She's fine. She has been super busy, and yes, had some damage from hurricanes, and she just got back from a trip to the middle of nowhere.  I'm FB friends with her, and will make sure she knows that she is missed. Smile

So good to hear that! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"