Parenting

How much of your Christmas shopping is done online?

The only thing I have bought in store has been some video games and a movie I picked up at toys r us when shopping with my sisters. That and toothbrushes for the kids.

I would say 90% of mine is online. 

Re: How much of your Christmas shopping is done online?

• 90% or more online. I've picked up a couple of little stocking stuffers at Target and got my mom some Pyrex containers at the grocery store of all places, but otherwise pretty much everything is online.

I don't like crowded stores, I don't have patience for long lines and going to five different stores to try to find something. I'd much rather sit back on my couch and search for the best price.  Not to mention that most of the things I've bought so far are specialty items that can't be purchased in any local stores.

• My shopping is done either online or at Target.  We don't have a lot of stores here, so that is a big part of my reason for shopping online, but mostly it is because I simply don't have time to go out and look.  I can shop online at midnight when I have a free moment if I want to.  I go to Target once or twice a month, so I pick up toys and those types of things there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not much. Living in the NYC (or at least my neighborhood) UPS/USPS/FedEx won't leave any packages without a signature. If there's something I'm 100% sure about I'll ship it to my mom's or MILs. But if I order something I'm not sure of then it arrives and isn't what I wanted or the quality I hoped for it's generally too late to return and get something new before the holiday, so I generally avoid it.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Probably 75%.

I do quite a bit online simply for the convenience of shopping anytime I want but also for the logistics of it since we live 85 miles from any type of "big box" store (Target, Toys R Us, etc.) or specialty stores. Plus, it's just easier to order a gift card online and get it in the mail than it is to schlep into a store with the kids for one gift card. Along the same lines, I almost always have the girls with me when I am shopping so it's a lot easier to order something online and intercept the package than it is to try to hide something in the card that they inevitably see anyway.

Mom to DD#1 December '06, DD#2 Feb '09 and DS March '12
  • 75-80%

I have Amazon Prime and not much can beat 2 day shipping to my front porch. I haaaate the mall. It looks like I will have to go to the store for the kids' bikes, but that's about it.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • 80%. Amazon Prime is one of my favorite things on Earth. The UPS man is our bestie. I don;t like to buy clothes online, and a few things I get at stores that are right by my house so I pass by every day. Other than that it is all online.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 90 or more I did a massive amazon order not long ago and all the ILs stuff is from online.
  • 85-90% and most of that is Amazon.
    -Sarah, Ryan 10.26.05 & Caleb 5.2.07 image
  • 100%.

Me and Amazon Prime are BFFs.

David "BD" 2/8/07 Spencer 9/12/11
  • My Hanukkah shopping is done except for one gift - we do a grab bag with my family and one of my girls has my nephew and my sister is still trying to figure out what he wants.  The rest are bought - 3 are wrapped and delivered as I brought them with me over Thanksgiving since I won't see the people for Hanukkah.  We have it easy though - DH and I don't exchange gifts and we get the girls very limited things as they just don't need much and they get a ton from family and we don' exchange at all with DH's family and for his parents - we go in as a group with his sisters and they buy the gift.  The only gifts we might still need to buy are if my SIL has her twins before Hanukkah (not due until Jan 26th but they don't think she will make it that long and we are all preparing for them to arrive sometime this month per what we have heard from them.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"