Toddlers: 24 Months+

Best iPhone apps for a 2 year old (30+ hour flight!)

I need your best suggestions for apps for my 2 year old.... We don't usually let her play with my phone too much, except when we're travelling and/or desperate, but we're travelling from Australia to Canada in a couple weeks and will need some serious distractions!

She has a few games that she likes right now - an animal matching game (Animatch I think?) and a Toddler Teaser quiz game that asks about shapes/colours/animals etc. She also likes the little drawing pad and some of those talking cat/dog apps, but she could play all those things and be done with our phone in 15 minutes. She has a pretty short attention span lol.

So, I need some app suggestions to keep a busy toddler engaged for a significant chunk of time while strapped into a seatbelt for over 30 hours. I don't care if they're educational or not - we'll be desperate!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Best iPhone apps for a 2 year old (30+ hour flight!)

• Avery loves the following:

I Hear Ewe

The Monster at the End of this Book 

Look Baby (he especially likes popping the bubbles)

Tap Tap Baby

On the iPad he really loves Morris Lessmore's Flying Books (but it doesn't work on iphone) 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Monkey preschool lunchbox

Monkey preschool when I grow up

Tozzle

More cookies

• Loading the player...
  • My sister has one that asks the user to touch a certain letter and when they get it right, it praises them and continues. The number of letters on the screen starts to go up every so many turns. I don't know what it's called, but I know she just searched for free alphabet apps. It has upper & lower case, various fun fonts (cartoony), and numbers. It will keep DS occupied for at least 15-20 minutes at a time if we let him.
  • We just made the flight from Seattle to Christchurch, NZ. DS liked Pld McDonald, Angry Birds, and watching movies the best.
  • imagePaigeo:

Monkey preschool lunchbox

Monkey preschool when I grow up

Tozzle

More cookies

My DDs' favorites are Tozzle and Monkey Preschool Lunchbox too.  We recently had just a 5 hour flight and the portable DVD player was what entertained them the most.  We had put a bunch of their favorite shows from our DVR onto DVDs (Arthur, Sesame Street, Dora, Curious George, and Clifford).

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• My son is 3, but he loves my iPhone. Some of the apps he really enjoys playing are Monkey Lunchbox Preschool (this is a great one since they are learning too), Angry Birds, Mouse Maze, Peak-a-Zoo, Race Penguin, Coloring, Rio Coloring, Sprinkle, and Baby Monkey. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How will you keep a charge? I'm nervous for you! Download some of LOs favorite tv episodes. I have a few Elmo on mine and they been a lifesaver. 

DS likes talking Tom, angry birds, 123 count, animal zoo.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD Likes a lot of the aforementioned, but I also download some of her favorite music, and TV shows/movies which she loves.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker www.bigfatskinny.com
  • Kids Zone/Zoodles (runs under both names). DS could play this for hours. A game called Diversion. DH plays it but it is easy to do and DS loves it as well.
  • Cake Doodle

Cookie Doodle

Candy Doodle

and def. the monkey preschool lunchbox, and monkey when I grow up.  The sesame street abc one is good too. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS loves Toddler Teasers Shapes. It sounds a lot like the alphabet game in pp but is shapes and once you get so many right you get to pick a sticker and put it on a page. DS will play with this for 20mins at least.

• My DD LOVES all of the games made by Duck Duck Moose and the Lego game (free one).
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"