Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Baby Monitors

When did you stop using a Baby Monitor? We have a simple audio monitor (1 base with 2 receivers) set and one of them just broke. I'm trying to figure out if I should replace it.

Re: Baby Monitors

• We still use ours and we will for the next one so if mine broke I would have to purchase another.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • E is 2.5 and we still use ours, though not at night any more. Mostly during the day or nap time to listen to her in her room while she reads books or plays in there. We cannot hear her in the living room or computer room if she is in her room.

• Loading the player...
  • We still use ours, we have a video monitor.  I don't know when we'll stop using it.  DD tends to just sit in her crib and play when she wakes up, so it's nice to be able to see when she's up since she doesn't always make noise. 
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • I e-mailed the company to see if they will replace it (I've had great luck with that) and if not I'll buy a new one. I didn't even think about the fact that we are TTC and will continue needing them.
  • We don't really need to use ours. Our kid has got a set of lungs on him and we can hear him very well without the monitor (our room is NOT close to his!).

I wish we had a video monitor though-once he's not in the crib anymore I feel like I'd be more comfortable with a video monitor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageshotzie:
    We still use ours, we have a video monitor.  I don't know when we'll stop using it.  DD tends to just sit in her crib and play when she wakes up, so it's nice to be able to see when she's up since she doesn't always make noise. 

This is my DD too, we definitely still use our video monitor.  Plus is lends to endless entertainment when she's refusing to nap and I can see her running back and forth in her crib.  Cracks me up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've got the company sending me a free replacement this week. They honored the warranty on the product even though it was out of warranty at this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"